braking problems

does anybody's back brakes lock up when braking.its jus ive noticed now its raining more that my back brakes lock up if i apply the brakes especially going round bends.its happened about ten times now but the other day it happened quite bad to say the least.i was braking into a left hand corner on a country road.i wasnt going fast but when i braked into the corner the back end swung out i turned full lock the opposite way to correct it but a car was coming in the opposite direction so pointed it off the road.only into grass thankfully but its becoming a big problem now.any ides???????????

does anybody's back brakes lock up when braking.its jus ive noticed now its raining more that my back brakes lock up if i apply the brakes especially going round bends.its happened about ten times now but the other day it happened quite bad to say the least.i was braking into a left hand corner on a country road.i wasnt going fast but when i braked into the corner the back end swung out i turned full lock the opposite way to correct it but a car was coming in the opposite direction so pointed it off the road.only into grass thankfully but its becoming a big problem now.any ides???????????

Hey Bourkey!

The things to check are of course your back brake components, that would be the brake shoes could be done, can also be related to the handbrake/cables as it controls your rear brakes too. And also check your discs and pads are not warped or sticky, maybe need oiled?

Best thing to do really is take her to a decent garage and get them to take a look.

Im sure more accurate advice will be along soon, but thats my initial thoughts ;)

Peace Out

J :) Z

i would get your back brakes shecked out mate. prabably you will find that there will be a lot of dust in them and that you will only need the sharp edge on the leading shoe filled down a bit so the point isnt as sharp and probably the inside of the drum cleaned with sandpaper. try that first mate though maybe you might need a mechanic