Taggys Track Day Slut - Mission To Get Her Sub 7xxkg!

bah my friend has let me down with the engine crane, i am in two minds to buy one or hire one as I can see my self using it again in future lol

Think i have sold my old 16inch Rota track R's on here today too, so thats some extra funds towards a new lump :D

i like this alot!

keep up with it taggy!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovrd this car at japfest 2. was mint. you might remember me talking to yo saying wish i had my car there was on my own lol towards the end of the day. was working down there at the time so just popped over. class car like. why aint you going for more power

Getting rid of weight is a far easier and more reliable method for more performance on track, you can brake quicker, go faster :) Plus the starlet is so light it is very difficult to keep all the power down without lighting up the tyres as it is.

See how it goes with an LSD first ;)

lovrd this car at japfest 2. was mint. you might remember me talking to yo saying wish i had my car there was on my own lol towards the end of the day. was working down there at the time so just popped over. class car like. why aint you going for more power

how far with the weight saving are you thinking of going?, me and rinseEP82 (dale) have removed lots of bits from his to get the weight down.

get rid of the wheel well thats a massvie saving

also there more sound profing behind the dash get that gone

god knows where im gonna get the money from, but while that engine and gearbox is out, an LSD is going in!

You will like an LSD :p

My GT has some crappy 175 profile tyres on atm but it pulls and pulls around corners, only other handling mod I have are lowering springs! ^_^

Its like a tin can now lol, is the spare wheel boot well quite heavy then? Do you just cut it out and then get an aluminum sheet and cover it?

I really want to get rid of that bloody steel fuel tank and opt for an aluminum one, but its gonna have to be a custom made job.

god knows where im gonna get the money from, but while that engine and gearbox is out, an LSD is going in!
Its like a tin can now lol, is the spare wheel boot well quite heavy then? Do you just cut it out and then get an aluminum sheet and cover it?

I really want to get rid of that bloody steel fuel tank and opt for an aluminum one, but its gonna have to be a custom made job.

thata what dales doing :] , yeh man there lots of chassie u can take out to inside where seatbelts use to bolt to and rear of the car u can get rid of some thing bits there , ally plate the wheel well and sit your external tank ontop, rinseEP82 (dale) as coverd inside with black perspex lighter than ally nut wheel well needs to be strong plate for the tank to sit on

I just read thru ya thread mate, nice work, i have got my GT down to 800kilos at the minute. When i done the sound deadning on my GT i got some Dry Ice & placed it on the spot to be removed & then a couple of minutes later bamm you hit it with a hammer & chisel it slides right of cause it is frozen solid. I also removed my aircon compressor & all other related pipes & crap, also i removed the big heater box on the passengers side & heater hoses that go to the engine, that alone saved me about 15kg, i also went & got a half sized aluminium radiator ASI brand, ebay special. I have been reluctant to cut out my wheel well,i think it will lack structural integrity by doin that.So my next step,i will be about cutting out the reinforceing on the underside of the bonnet & the metal doorskins & also i will gut the rear hatch. Perspex windows will be last.Your idea of a motorbike battery is awesome by the way, when mine packs it in i think i will go this way. I will be looking forward to more ideas on your weight savings.Cheers

Taggy has been busy again this weekend B) (see build thread) engine is now out and I am going to go mental with it now cleaning the entire bay and spraying everything to make it look new.

So work to do at the moment

1. Collect new engine shown on the 8th Feb

2. Clean up engine bay

3. Clean engine and gearbox

4. Spray gearbox silver and rocker cover somthing mad, same with engine

5. Fit Quaiffe LSD to gearbox

6. Look into getting car wrapped

So that alone is gonna keep me busy for a couple of months so i will keep you updated how i get on.

Cheers Sparky

Its the feedback that keeps you motivated to do it B) I have got tomorrow off work too (was my birthday yesterday) so took off the Friday and Monday. Going to get some gunk and give it the cleaning of its life.

Do i need to use any particular paint for the gearbox when i spray it? Im just gonna rattle can it. I am just wondering what colour to do it ;)

Gonna be awsome mate :)

Didnt hang about with the engine removal B)

• 3 weeks later...

Added more info, things are starting to happen now. I have sold loads of the CT9 stuff i didnt need, so i have got my TD04 bits all on order. Once thats sorted i think i fancy a nice colour for the rocker :lol:

I been thinking about spraying everything up, gonna do my box and head silver (VHT paint) and probably hammerite black the block, or go nuts and do it green? lol

Not at the minute, im concentrating on getting the LSD and TD04 setup first, then once its running properly, i want to make the engine bay look nice this year so want all nice coloured hoses, vacume pipes, rocker etc

I'll go mad choppin things out again once im happy with it.

shed anymore weight ?

Updated pics and info added - Sprayed the LSD gearbox ready to go back in, im so close now i am dreaming track days!!

Not at the minute, im concentrating on getting the LSD and TD04 setup first, then once its running properly, i want to make the engine bay look nice this year so want all nice coloured hoses, vacume pipes, rocker etc

I'll go mad choppin things out again once im happy with it.

Awsome work buddy!

You will be LOVING the diff, I remember when you took me to mine to get that manifold and decat, it was just spinning the one wheel, sketchy lol

Looking forward to having a few blasts with you on track :lol:

Yeah i remember it was running really shit then, the guy who rebuilt my head bloody put it back together with the timing out by a tooth! Which is why it was going crap :lol:

I cant wait too, be good to get out on track with you

Awsome work buddy!

You will be LOVING the diff, I remember when you took me to mine to get that manifold and decat, it was just spinning the one wheel, sketchy lol

Looking forward to having a few blasts with you on track :)

• 2 weeks later...

More progress, its slowly getting there!

Yeah i remember it was running really shit then, the guy who rebuilt my head bloody put it back together with the timing out by a tooth! Which is why it was going crap :)

I cant wait too, be good to get out on track with you

These dark nights are so gay working in my shed lol, decided it was time to start bolting it all up on the bench. Everything is nearly ready to go, bolted the TD04 turbo on and the rest of the gubbins.

I had to spend about hour half making a custom braket to fit the turbo and the actuator arm on, my HKS had to be drilled to fit onto the larger TD04 wastegate pin.

I just need to do two things now before i can stick it in my car, fit my clutch, put my rocker back on, and prey to holy god it works!

More progress, its slowly getting there!