Taggys Track Day Slut - Mission To Get Her Sub 7xxkg!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NightSpirits blog is my hero at the minute :)

Every time im working on it, I have made a thing that I cant finish on it until i walk away with somthing that i have either cut out or unbolted thats not needed lol.

I think im gonna pull out the dash and see what i end up with lol

Looking good mate! :)

Can't beat getting amongst It and removing unwanted metal lol!

NightSpirits blog is my hero at the minute :)

Every time im working on it, I have made a thing that I cant finish on it until i walk away with somthing that i have either cut out or unbolted thats not needed lol.

I think im gonna pull out the dash and see what i end up with lol

marks blog is really really good :]

nightspirt got his to 730kg i believe with a roll cage in which weighed about 50-60kg in its self, so you can actually get sub 700's if your that mental

is 700kg's possible for a starlet,

if so im gonna start ripping everything out of mine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so been a busy monkey on the weekend, lots of updates to the build (on page 1), got the car running and drove it for the first time in ages, was lovely. Needs a bit more work, intercooler is to go on and a few bits and pieces, put in my new Prosport dials too!

Hazzagray: Yeah i am sure he would do it for you :(

Surely you would need the cage at that weight... There wouldnt be anything keeping the body stiff!

Amazing build by the way, really informative!

Want to get me some rails made up by your mate?

Cheers luke, i have spent so much time on this thing, i will be glad to get it done. Problem im finding is that alot of the parts im sticking in are having to be custom made now, like brackets and piping and stuff so its a bit of a slog to get it done. Nearly there though, get paid this Thursday so will buy the remaining bits i need and then finish it off on the weekend.

Sweeet, nearly there :(

Engine bay is mint as mate!

Cheers luke, i have spent so much time on this thing, i will be glad to get it done. Problem im finding is that alot of the parts im sticking in are having to be custom made now, like brackets and piping and stuff so its a bit of a slog to get it done. Nearly there though, get paid this Thursday so will buy the remaining bits i need and then finish it off on the weekend.

That is so true about the parts :( Most things I've bought have had to be modified in some way.. :p

Got the turbo pipework all hooked up now and I have also fitted some cool aero catches to my bonnet, its taken me pritty much all day today to fit with about 3 BBQ sessions in between :lol: but they look the business and are cool to open.

Car is ready to be MOT'd now apart from needing some new battery terminal connectors, the bloody jap ones are a pain in the ass to get connections for as the pins on the battery are so small.

My gasket is blowing on my manifold too which is causing me to get hardly any boost, so gotta figure out why its doing that which is a bitch. I think these cheap toyosports manifold gasket could be the problem!

Yeah a right bitch, luckily i got it right more less first time but it took ages to get the pin underneath bang on so when you drop the bonnet the catches all sit in the right place.

Must have taken about 2 hours per catch to fit, had to measure it properly, mask it, cut it, fit it, remeasure, then align it all and tighten. Took so long as you had to get it right first time or it would look shit.

Worth the effort though, another thing done on the list!

get a pic up of the catches

easy to fit dude?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the MOT garage with the starlet and got the all clear, so well chuffed.

Only thing wrong was that i was missing a split pin on one of the track rod ends but nothing major. So all i need to do now is get my self some road tax and then down to Gotboost for some rolling road fun :)

Thanks ;)

Just booked my self in for the rolling road session tomrrow at 2:30 with GotBoost, so will be boosting TD04 style in no time.

I have also booked my self in with my mate hansign.co.uk to get the biggest pedobear ever for my roof, its going to cover the whole roof, should look sick!!

haha awsome!!

Shame your not making JapFest but you got a good reason so I'll let you off ;)

Gimme a shout if you want to meet up once shes tuned mate ;)

Yeah be good to go for a spin, maybe organise somthing in Wales and go for a drive somewhere up Brecon. The only thing i have left now is to get my car setup, its pulling to the left like a right bitch as the camber is all out of whack since i had the lower arms off.

Where did you take yours Sparky to get setup?

haha awsome!!

Shame your not making JapFest but you got a good reason so I'll let you off ;)

Gimme a shout if you want to meet up once shes tuned mate ;)

A garage back home mate, didnt do an amazing job but for £25 I couldnt complain. May take it for proper alignment after I have ordered my new tyres.

We could have a big meet in June but atm uni needs to come first once JapFest is out the way anyway ;) lol