★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

★Amjad's GT Advance ッ ★

Yup another member making the natural transition from N/A Starlet > Turbo ohmy.png

It's a 1995 GT Turbo Advance, pretty much stock other than a dump valve, MR2 alloys, alarm and an Exhaust system!

I know you're probably thinking, "why isn't it two tone?" well the owner wasn't keen on the grey and had it matched in black. Shame I know, but I still love it thumbsup.gif

Bought it stupidly cheap, Cat C write off so it's off the road at the moment. I can't afford to insure it yet so might be a year or two until he's on the road! The damage is nothing major to be honest, needs a quadlight, indicator and a passenger side wing. Bit of rejigging behind the light/new crash bar and it's all good!

In the meantime just gonna get it running sweet and building it up bit by bit! Eventually want it running 200bhp+, but for now stock power on this is a huge step up from my EP91!
Had a run on a private road yesterday, I fell completely in love with it and knew I couldn't break it for parts! From the meaty steering and gearbox, to the lovely ride and handling, to whooshes of the
Turbo, I can't get enough of it tongue.png

First thing on the cards is a full service, the oil is in dire need of changing! I'll probably take the AC out and maybe gut the cat too. There won't really be anything more I can afford to do until I secure a summer job next year as I'm off to uni in a few months!

Here's some pics!

DSC03925.jpg
DSC03926.jpg
DSC03927.jpg
DSC03929.jpg
DSC03930.jpg
DSC03931.jpg
DSC03934.jpg
DSC03935.jpg
DSC03936.jpg

I love the steering wheel!
DSC03937.jpg

JDM Flare!
DSC03938.jpg

Filthy cool.png
DSC03940.jpg

The worst of the damage, scuff on the bumper makes it look like he's been crying cool.png
DSC03944.jpg

Hope you like!

Edited by Amjad
  • Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice 1 amjad! looks mint aswell apart from the light damage. have you checked insurance yet? you may be surprised. also i had a bit of trouble with my insurance company insuring a cat C write off.

oh and i have a passenger side wing here for you if u want it

That was out of the blue Amjad!

Now you have two EPs on the driveway. Huge developments.

Glad you got to taste GT boost dude, I bet it finally woke you up.

If I could choose again it'd be a GT.

The damage is defo repairable, looks like a nice project you have on your hands.

All the health to her mate :thumbsup:

Joz

Done the same as me, from N/A to GT turbo.

like you said, you fall in B) as soon as your hear it spool up, then it dumps as you change gear and its like youv'e tasted a little bit of heven. :thumbsup:

will be good to see how you progress with this, probs get some ideas from you on what stages to go through with mine.

best of luck with her mate B)

looks good man as i said on your fb. but as bucketep91 said have you checked insurance?? gt's are notoriously cheaper than glanzas so you might be lucky??

i think they might be the same now dude, i remember the bitch from the insurance company mentioning something about it

After the time, and money you've spent on the N/A to get it looking/sounding nice (I guess). I would personally turbo the N/A and give it the sleeper ish look with a stealth intercooler. I know it's been over played. Unless you're running both car simultaneously when the time comes?

Either way, Turbo power for the win!

Awesome mate i now know the plan so dont worry about replying in the other thread :)

Awesome little project dude, will be mint when the damage is sorted out. Not much work to fix it up either.

Ill keep my eyes on this thread!!

Ahh so you managed to buy it! Good man, looks clean (bar the damage).

Sweet nice project you have there :)

it does look in really good condition (obviously bar the damage).

if you have got the time to spend on it this could be an awesome project. good look with it mate :D

Thanks a lot guys!

That was out of the blue Amjad!

Now you have two EPs on the driveway. Huge developments.

Glad you got to taste GT boost dude, I bet it finally woke you up.

If I could choose again it'd be a GT.

The damage is defo repairable, looks like a nice project you have on your hands.

All the health to her mate :D

Joz

Thanks Joz!

Yeah it's pretty cool, neighbours must think we're mad, 3 EPs in the family now! ;)

Definitely! This is the not quickest Turbo I've driven, but feels "just right" if you know what I mean haha

clear side indicators, toms bumper replacement parts and it'll looks spot on :)

just needs an "Amjad Clean" :D

I quite like the orange ones on Quads! I'd love a TOM's kit eventually :)

Hehe first thing I did was get it cleaned before we came home last night! But definitely focusing on Performance alone for now rather than cosmetics!

Done the same as me, from N/A to GT turbo.

like you said, you fall in ;) as soon as your hear it spool up, then it dumps as you change gear and its like youv'e tasted a little bit of heven. :)

will be good to see how you progress with this, probs get some ideas from you on what stages to go through with mine.

best of luck with her mate :D

Thanks Luke! I'm sure you know how different a GT feels compared to N/A! And I don't mean just te power, but just it feels so different! :D

Progress will be slow but I hope to make it into a little beast hehe

looks good, i like the steering wheel in there aswell.

dont think the flare is an original tho.

Thanks! I think it suits the car quite well too!

Ah right, I've never seen one so I wouldn't know, but it's definitely got Japanese writing on it :D

nice 1 amjad! looks mint aswell apart from the light damage. have you checked insurance yet? you may be surprised. also i had a bit of trouble with my insurance company insuring a cat C write off.

oh and i have a passenger side wing here for you if u want it

looks good man as i said on your fb. but as bucketep91 said have you checked insurance?? gt's are notoriously cheaper than glanzas so you might be lucky??

I've checked general insurance for a GT and it should be good in 1-2 years time fingers crossed!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you have a Jap flare!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you joining the GT crew :) you'll never not smile again haha

You can say that again! Though the desire for more power has already begun! :)

dammit! beat me to boost lmfao hopefully mine will be sorted soon tho and we can cruise to shows without losing 1 and other lmao
Arghhhh your making me want one nowwwwww :)

Just drop the engine into your N/A :D

Muahahahaha!

take the engine out and turbo the na then breaki the Gt and make your money back i think as the na is lush

Thanks Ollie! :)

After the time, and money you've spent on the N/A to get it looking/sounding nice (I guess). I would personally turbo the N/A and give it the sleeper ish look with a stealth intercooler. I know it's been over played. Unless you're running both car simultaneously when the time comes?

Either way, Turbo power for the win!

Awesome mate i now know the plan so dont worry about replying in the other thread :D

Awesome little project dude, will be mint when the damage is sorted out. Not much work to fix it up either.

Ill keep my eyes on this thread!!

With regards to converting my N/A, that was the original plan, but once I drove it, oh my God it felt so good. It didn't feel anything like my N/A to drive, the steering and general feel of the car felt so much more solid. It's only got lowering springs but handles awesomely on what I think are probably the stock KYB gas shocks!

There's also the fact that this is an import which is cool in itself :D

We stopped at a fuel station and had a chat with an old bloke in a classic car, even he had a lot of appreciation for it ;)

I've had quite a few offers to buy my N/A too, and get the feeling that I wouldn't want someone else to enjoy my baby lol

If insurance is still an issue next year or in 2012, I will break the GT and transfer everything into the N/A, if it's all good then I'll probably sell on the N/A :)

Anyhow, like I said it'll only be engine mods until I can drive it, so if I can't get insured then all the money spent will still transfer to the N/A

Got the chatter sorted earlier, thanks to those that helped! Sounds brilliant, can't wait until there's a filter relocation & FMIC!

Oh, and I just discovered the car has an LSD gearbox, explains the awesome handling!! Can't wait until I sort the same handling mods as the N/A!