• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 19th 20th and 21st dec are out for me im afraid as i'll be in dublin at the Iron Maiden gig.

If i go back to work soon then mondays tuesdays wednesdays and fridays would suit me fine, a really well lit car park would be good i suppose, somewhere central for most folk, Belfast i would guess.

Phil.

i was down talking to jay last night and at the minute the 23rd is the best option (if everyone has their christmas shopping done)!!!

what does everyone think of this date?

not sure on an exact location but all feed back on this is very welcome!!

gerard

Right folks, I've been thinkin about this, and it seems that a location south of belfast may suit the majority of folk better as belfast is a bit of a treck for those members in the Portadown etc etc areas, and as im pretty much the only member north of belfast (save for rmsnoel who we never hear from these days) im quite happy to travel in order to make this met happen!!! SO, i hereby nominate Newry for this meet, or somewhere half way between Newry and belfast in order to accomodate as many folk as possible. I know it may be a trek for some folk but im comin from Larne so TUFF TITTIES!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently the McDonanlds car park in Newry is HUGE so for the sake of simply namin a location im suggesting there. I know some people have to start work later in the afternoon so around lunch time may be best, gives me all mornin to get down!

So to try to keep this rollin, (this is only preliminary, precise time and location may well change) add your names:

SATURDAY 23rd December, Damolly Retail Park, Armagh Road, Newry, 12noon.

1. Phil (Nanglebadger)

Phil.

unfortunatly guys i really cant c this working at the retaill park, Its going to be the last saturday before crimbo and absolutly everywhere will be heaving.

There is a possible location we could hold a meet near me, Its well out of the way and is a good quiet spot so we would have no problems with parking etc. Its a carpark for a cemetary and local playing fields, howerver there is a house at the end of the car park with a cctv camera outside, and since it is literally a stones throw from my house i would only want sensible people there who would not be arsing about handbraking or spinning wheels etc, Any dicking about and you will have me to answer to.

unforunatly there is no mcdonalds near it but there is a chippy, chinese and a spar within walking distance.

i was thinking about that after i came off the fone with Phil newry is a right distance for a few people to travel, wat about somewhere half way in between newry and belfast??? it would suit a lot more people and it wouldnt take the like of jay and myself over an hour and a half to get there and about £40 round trip!! lol

That suits me no problemo Nordonian mate!!!! I'll just type "Dave's Gaff" into the sat nav and it'll take me there!!!! :) ;) ;) ;)

Also a side note, im tryin to get my brother to come along to this, some of u have met him before (Dave...possibly Gerard, well he was Kirkistown that rainy day anyway). Short of havin his own username on here he may as well be a member, he does half the workto my car for me and she wouldnt be where she is today witout his input. Im also tryin to get him to bring his car (ok ok i know it aint a starlet but again some of u may well be familiar with it, Geo's a big fan of it, plus he's just installed 2 15" subs lol). Its not really a case of the more the merrier so invite all the chav clios from your towns, but he works alot on the starlet and has been to most of the meets/runs/cruises that I've taken the car to, incl. JAE so i thought id extend an invitation his way too.

again, Portadown suits me fine if its handy enough for more/most folk, im easy, not bothered either way, i just want this to go ahead!!!!

Phil.