How 2: Fit A Civic Radiator

Well i finally got around to fitting my civic rad last weekend an took some pic's that might help out some of you...

Hear it is befor i started...

DSCF0679.jpg

This is while it was going on, i did remove turbo at the same time thats why there is so much mess...

DSCF0683.jpg

I did read about people useing origianal mounts an jus moving one over, but i found the rad sat way to high an bonnet would hit the rad so i removed the mount's...

DSCF0687.jpg

To hold the bottom of the rad i used two wall tie's...

DSCF0688.jpg

Most builder's merchant's will sell these...

I cut it down to lenth an drilled out the last hole for rad to sit in...

DSCF0689.jpg

In the next couple of pic's you can see how the rad sit's on the bottom cross member and how it sit's in the bracket's...

DSCF0690.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0692.jpg

I used self taping screw's to fix bracket's to cross member an used a flat lenth of rubber to sit the rad onto so it jus wasn't sat on metal of cross member...

To fix the top of the rad i used one of the original top rad bracket's an you can see i have a cable tie on one side atm untill i make up a bracket to replace it (pic will follow soon)..

DSCF0695.jpg

As the civic rad has bigger top pipe to the ep's i found it easyer to put to hose on befor it went in car an used a little silicone spray to ease it on aswell..

The fan i have used is an a/c fan from a skyline R34 so its nice an big but slim aswell...

DSCF0693.jpg

Hear it is all in an fitted...

DSCF0694.jpg

To work out which way the fan ran i took out this plug for the a/c which made it run all the time...(if you have removed ya a/c you will understand about this plug)

DSCF0697.jpg

As i had the plug on the skyline fan i jus cut the plug from my GT fan an wired them together...

Hope this is of some help to some of you, if anything it will give you an idea of what you will come across...

If i went for it start to finish i recon a couple of hour's with coffee/fag break but it took me longer as i wanted to refit FMIC an sort other stuff out awsell...