2ZZ-GE into Starlet conversion at Woodsport

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris, exhaust is done bar some lambda bosses arriving, i had to make a new windscreen washer bottle, the original one would not fit around the drivers side engine mount, but as with everything it looks pretty factory. The coolant reservoir is also done, that's a Camry V6 one, and everything is just about finished in the bay now except the wiring which i expect to take most of next week.

The bushes and suspension have been stopping me fitting the driveshafts so they will all get fitted today if they come.... oh your split rim bolts arrived too.

Not long now before she's running. I'll get some fresh pics of it later.

hey paul, progress sounds good! the suspension and bushings were delivered to mine on monday and tuesday. my mothers bringing them to your workshop today lol B) excited to see how the the wheels turn out with the new bolts and see some new photos, keep me updated paul, this is going to be a long month away.

The BC coilovers and two antiroll bar bushes arrived today, so i fitted the coilovers, cracking quality kit that is....

starletbaydone009.jpg

starletbaydone008.jpg

The engine bay is now 95% finished bar some cleaning and detailing work...

starletbaydone001.jpg

Camry header tank, custom coolant housing and induction pipe with Maf...

starletbaydone002.jpg

Filter sits low down infront of gearbox...

starletbaydone007.jpg

Heatshield made for exhaust manifold and custom servo pipe with check valve...

starletbaydone005.jpg

So i think the colour scheme has worked very well, this thing is going to fly too...

starletbaydone006.jpg

Just wiring to do next week and we are just about there.

looks great paul! thank you again!!!

any luck with the oil filler cap?

i think the washer power steering and header tank need spraying, they looks old compared to anything. guess you would be able to see the levels inside if you did though B)

even so if you could do them black to take the attention away form them id like that. also i know you wont but dont forget the slam panel, chrome badge purple if you could and the sticker we talked about B)

yeah ill be going to all the shows i can when its complete.

Hi Chris, i'm afraid the bottles need to be opaque so that you can see your levels, i can't even paint them black as you would have no idea what the levels were.... leave it with me, i will see if i can come up with something to make them look better.

Oil filler cap is on its way.

how about attaching a transparent silicon pipe on the side, attached at the top and bottom so you could se the level, then you could spray them black :)

wouldn't really matter so much on the washer bottle you could just spray that anyway then i could fill its when its empty, but the power steering and the header you could try that idea on :)

think it would just clean up the bay so much, unless you have any other suggestions?

thanks, chris.

Work looks great guys.

If you want to paint them to view the levels you can mask up a half inch line up the side of it and paint it. where it has been masked you can still see the fluid levels??? just an idea....

P,

What I was thinking :)

great project this, deffo different.

but..

is there even enough room in there for a rotex? and would it not have been better to sort it out, and refit the 3sgte.

and one other, i think i remeber this from the north east, and some1 telling me about a blast with a ferrari from down boro?

Oh, just ordered some "stickers" too :)

haha, yeah i hope they are what im thinking they are paul :)

great project this, deffo different.

but..

is there even enough room in there for a rotex? and would it not have been better to sort it out, and refit the 3sgte.

and one other, i think i remeber this from the north east, and some1 telling me about a blast with a ferrari from down boro?

yeah refitting the 3s would have been a idea but its ruined the handling of the car so i wanted to try something new, yes there is room for a rotrex but its staying na for the time bud.

yeah i raced a lad who had a 360 Modena, lashed him lol. i had two mates in the car and he had his girl friend was funny but the noise of that v8 was phenomenal man! i love high revving na's

Ok i think we have finally lost the effing plot......you know how it goes... you make one light hearted comment to the customer that the colour scheme looks a bit Buzz Lightyear and this is what ends up happening....

starletbuzz003.jpg

starletbuzz004.jpg

All of my dignity is stripped bare, i'm a mechanic FFS! Worst part is this was MY idea!!! ;)

On a serious note i've been working hard at playing with spaghetti for the last two days...

starletbuzz005.jpg

It's proving a challenge to wire up, the harness has needed to be extended to reach the cabin among other very unfun things.

Right i'm off to Toysrus for more inspiration.