• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not going to lie that's a good figure but such a narrow power band... i shale bite my tongue on further feelings lol :)

with a 3" and aggressive cams it would make an awesome drag beast! imho not right for the road.

thats wot im hoping dude it will be a sweet road car its my every day car and will be even better once I've got a bigger turbo on it :D

I've still got the cruise cams, yaris solid buckets, 4age bigger valves and the spare 4efte head. if you want to maximise cylinder head flow there all sat at sumo power collecting dust bud :huh: a simlar spec head to the one i was gonna have built was up for sale for a tad over 2k recently so buyin my gear and havin sumo or jd modified build it will be a bargin bud.

I've still got the cruise cams, yaris solid buckets, 4age bigger valves and the spare 4efte head. if you want to maximise cylinder head flow there all sat at sumo power collecting dust bud :huh: a simlar spec head to the one i was gonna have built was up for sale for a tad over 2k recently so buyin my gear and havin sumo or jd modified build it will be a bargin bud.

how much work needs to be done to the head to make it work dude not to sure about the cams want some 272s really

you would need to speak to sumo power bud, phone them and ask to talk to dan in the workshop he has it all sat there guessing around a couple of hundred pound judging by what dan has said to me on the phone, valves are oversized and cams are cruise 265's it should flow like a whore its just not needed now as i got a different head whith speedvision batch 1's and cruise springs while i was waiting and tbh they will do fine for mine to make 300ish. the only preson i know off that can do 272's is dave B and he is unable to do cams till around january :huh: will meet up with you and ollie next time and have a proper chat bout it if you like bud :wub:

you would need to speak to sumo power bud, phone them and ask to talk to dan in the workshop he has it all sat there guessing around a couple of hundred pound judging by what dan has said to me on the phone, valves are oversized and cams are cruise 265's it should flow like a whore its just not needed now as i got a different head whith speedvision batch 1's and cruise springs while i was waiting and tbh they will do fine for mine to make 300ish. the only preson i know off that can do 272's is dave B and he is unable to do cams till around january :D will meet up with you and ollie next time and have a proper chat bout it if you like bud :D

ok mate il talk to you at the nxt meet

That is good HP figure but there must be a restriction cause the drop off of power after 7200 is massive. I have seen Garrett GT30 on 5e climbing in both torque and hp all the way up to 8500rpm.

Very impressive build. Don't go for the bigger turbo just yet fix the restrictions then see what you get.

I also believe that ignition system might be a restriction depending on much boost you are looking to run might want to check that too. How much boost did you run to get the 323hp?

That is good HP figure but there must be a restriction cause the drop off of power after 7200 is massive. I have seen Garrett GT30 on 5e climbing in both torque and hp all the way up to 8500rpm.

Very impressive build. Don't go for the bigger turbo just yet fix the restrictions then see what you get.

I also believe that ignition system might be a restriction depending on much boost you are looking to run might want to check that too. How much boost did you run to get the 323hp?

cheers dude already started ordering parts for a bigger turbo justt need some cams and the turbo now really

it made 329 at 1.7bar but i think i do need to convert from dizzy to coil

omar what spec are you running with the gt30 how do you find it?

Bean, I wish it was my car, lol. However, I didnt know the exact spec as it is closely guarded secret like bore, cams, port & polish but it has GT3071 or GT3076, coil pack, haltech, acis mani, massive TB (if think 3"), equal length exhaust mani, 2.5" - 2.75" intercooler piping, 3" exhaust system, every brace and bar that can fit an EP82. I can tell you that cause those are the parts that I can see lol.

It is a monster SR20s, Evos & Sub have been dismissed by it. With the extended rev range, lag is similar to TD04 and he was looking to set the rev limiter at 9000rpm as the engine is built to take that stress, but alot of years, money, trial and error has gone into that car.

Cheers, Jayep91 I have to ask what turbo did you buy? At 25psi, I would think you would have run into problems with the dizzy however, I do think you need coils so the computer can do the talking.

cheers dude already started ordering parts for a bigger turbo justt need some cams and the turbo now really

it made 329 at 1.7bar but i think i do need to convert from dizzy to coil

haha the old animal has another race.lol

ill be at the pod in the new year come to it an wel race mate,be good crack.

• 2 weeks later...

update

well the clutch has finally given up and is slipping like a bitch so im taking it off the road at the end of the month for the winter for some nice upgrades head work bigger turbo ect me and jd modified are gonna make this a serious weapon ready for next summer