Poly-Bushing your OEM Front ARB, what do you need?

• 2 weeks later...

just been looking in to this as ive started to strip the spare lower arms ive got. Does it not make more sense to just buy the whiteline droplimk kit?!?! buying the droplinks and polybushes seperate always costs more that £30 whichever ones you get!!

I did actually post that in the 1st post but no-one mentioned it lol

I wasn't sure whether they would fit the OEM ARB!

"This kit is for EP82 up to 01/1992 & is also used to fit the Whiteline BTF41 Anti roll bar to ALL Starlet Turbo cars after 01/1992 both Late EP82 & ALL EP91"

• 10 months later...

So I finally managed to fit the Poly-bush kit yesterday:

-Fresh drop-links and nuts

-Poly-bushes for drop-links

-Poly-bushes to replce the 20mm arch bushes near centre of front ARB

Before..

IMG-20110909-00588.jpg

IMG-20110909-00590.jpg

Old vs New

IMG-20110909-00592.jpg

After..

IMG-20110909-00589.jpg

IMG-20110909-00593.jpg

Wow what a difference they've made!

1. Firstly noticed that the ride is so much smoother, was totally not expecting this as I thought it'd be harsher. And on PI springs it's bad enough already, so it was a nice surprise!

2. May be a placebo effect, but I think the car pick up speed a bit more sharply, might be because there's less flex so more power transferred to the road/more efficiently?

3. Handling setup is OEM front brace, Cusco rear brace, PI springs, Whiteline ALK & Whiteline RARB with Toyo T1R tyres. With this lot I feel the car did handle well, but the front end did roll quite a bit in cornering. The bushes have improved it sooo much! Handles a LOT flatter changes direction more smoothly, and I can easily go through a certain roundabout 5-10mph quicker than before. It's got rid of the skittishness and hint of understeer that was there before and the car is even more of a joy in the bends

I don't think I've reached the full potential of the setup yet either, I tested the car with high tyre pressure (that I run for economy), one wheel has a bit of +ive camber that I need to sort and I think the car could still push more speed through the corners. Better tyres would certainly help too, I'm planning to get Uniroyal Rainsport 2s in the future as I reckon the tyres are letting it down a bit.

All in all the bushes have made a HUGE difference, and for £50 I reckon its a MUST DO mod. I think they made about as big of an impact as a RARB, definitely worth the money :lol:

Amjad

your droplinks look diff to mine ! i have a balljoint on mine :s

also so people know toyota oem droplinks sell online for like £30 a pair

nissan turano ones are identical and i picked mine up for £8 each at a motorfactors

so thats a saving :lol:

the ones for the nissan are the balljoint style , is anyone else got this style or is my arb like fitted wrong haha

just fitted mine today, nice and stiff, and supposed to be better than original ones.

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?m...products_id=497

ours are different because we have ep82 arb's. (assuming amjads talking about his na, otherwise my theory goes out the window)

theres 2different types of oem arb's neways.

Yeah but the Nissan ones may he cheaper but they arnt pOlybushed and are just as weak as the standard ones

The Tm development ones are already polybushed and look so much stronger then the standard ones

No point doing half a job, if your going to change them just spend the £30