Sign in to follow this  
aaddzz123

Project MURX - The Recreation

Hi guys! Been popping on here for a while to have a look around, read this and that etc and have finally got myself a little EP82! Turns out it was someone called Tat that used to own it on here lol!... Picked her up the other night for ã1400. Tax runs out in a couple of days and MOT runs out in about a week. The bonnet had flipped open on the previous owner but not damaged the roof... Needs some new tyres and has a knock at the front. PAS fluid is leaking too so I need to find the cause of that! Never the less:

DSCF3492.jpg

DSCF3493.jpg

DSCF3496.jpg

DSCF3505.jpg

DSCF3498.jpg

Broken bonnet
DSCF3502.jpg

DSCF3501.jpg

DSCF3506.jpg

DSCF3499.jpg

Also has anyone got any idea what this could be about? Middle of the windscreen. Quite curious!!

DSCF3504.jpg

Got a few plans for the car but as for now it needs an MOT and taxing! Quite a bargain I think smile.png

MUCH LOVE! Adem thumbsup.gif

Edited by aaddzz123

i love this, its in very good condition really. quite amazed the bonnet did no damage to the roof... but its straight :D

few niggles but it was cheap so plenty of time & money to get her minty fresh again!

keep us all up to date :D

Bargain price you got there! Aside from the aformentioned faults it looks to be pretty much mint!

Seeing how clean this is makes me wanna restore my GT even more *sigh* :D

Welcome along mate :( Tom's kitted Black GT, yum :D:D

haha! Very subtle :p I'll have a look through your shop in a minute :p

Cheers for the comments guys. I just want to get out of work and go do something to it! I don't even know what yet lol! I just want to play :D . I'm going to take the ICV off tonight and give it a good clean. Idles normally when cold but when it warms up it idles at about 1.5k which is pretty annoying.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Pretty cheap car and as said looks mint apart from the obvious!!!

Looking forward to some progress

welcome to the site, are you after another bonnet vent? seen yours is broke, i have 1 in 205 black if your interested.

welcome to the site, are you after another bonnet vent? seen yours is broke, i have 1 in 205 black if your interested.

Cheers matey but I'm after a whole bonnet as it's creased, rippled and bent etc lol.

Black GT;s = :D:D:)

miss mine soooooooo much B) lol lovely car you have adam for a bargain price. got plenty of potential B)

look forward to some updates

Glad this has stayed around on the forum, looking forward to seeing the progress on it :D

Also the green 8 sticker is something to do with it being Imported, a lot of Imports have them. Dunno what it means though?

lol! why does everyone like the kitty cat? I think it's a bit gay :D I think we're due for a vote!

tat got it when he had it

we made him keep it on lmao

tat got it when he had it

we made him keep it on lmao

lol! Afraid the sticker is gone now guys :D!

Not much of an update but never the less! Got some new budget tyres to get it through the MOT later this month. Some admiral jobbies. Nothing special but don't say I don't give you all anything :D

IMGP2255.jpg

nooooooooooooooo that sticker has been around longer than we have :)

It's still there really ;)!!! I just wanted to see how disappointed you were going to be when I actually take it off lol... I'll get plenty of dirty pictures of my pink pussy for you before I take it off :). lol!

Small update...

My insurance renewal is on the 23rd of this month (12 days away) and the car has some problems that I need to sort before the MOT or I need to try and find a nice friendly MOT station if we're catching the drift...

Steering rack is leaking fluid (I am currently trying some "stop leak" stuff and have a new rack lined up).

The ball joint on the top of one of the D2s has excessive play. (I'm going to try and wrap this in electrical tape for a firmer fit).

Split CV boot (easy fix)

And there is a small chip in the windscreen, right in the driver's eye line lol...

I've got 2 weekends to try and fix everything... Think I need "A FRIEND" :/

A quick update! Changed the steering rack today and put some standard suspension on the front of the car to get it through the MOT on Tuesday (top of one of the D2s is knocking on the ball joint and wonâ??t pass FO SURE!)... Got a couple of snaps during the madness mechanics session:

DSCF3550.jpg

DSCF3552.jpg

DSCF3551.jpg

DSCF3557.jpg

DSCF3556.jpg

DSCF3555.jpg

DSCF3559.jpg

DSCF3561.jpg

Day done! Everything fitted and working!

Also just won a Blitz decat on eBay which shall be here sooooon :wub: