REVISED DIY brake upgrade

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just use ae111 twinpots with Mr2 vvti front disks. bolt on, not spacers,shims or drilling... Just a little grinding to the carrier

there 5mm skinnier then the opel disks richard sure that cant be a good fit as the twin pot callipers require 25mm thick disks

the rest of the size is perfect by the looks of it

Mr2 discs are not centred to the carrier which will cause uneven pad wear imo not a suitable disc at all.

if you require suitable discs I can supply them with all work done at a good price :)

so they require 2.5mm spacers behind the disc ??? to center it to the caliper

both discs have a hight of 43mm

Edited by 5e colin

here lads i found this disk 25mm thick and 256mm you guys think it will work the only concern i have is the hight of 41 ???

Listed Part number:

DSK809

Part Manufacturer:

Apec

Fitting Position:

Front Axle

Disc Type:

Vented

Disc Diameter (mm):

Centre Diameter (mm):

Minimum Thickness (mm):

Overall Height (mm):

Number of Studs:

could you take a pic how well its centered to the caliper richard ??

the way i see it the outside of the disk is 5mm further away??? or am i totally of in my head ??

If it doesnt rain tomorrow ill take a wheel off and take a pic as they sit.

Levin twinpots

Celica st202 carriers

astra 1.7tdci 277mm discs

Spigot ring to center/locate disc.

Longer brake lines

Celica pads.

Instant 277mm disc upgrade no machining needed.

2 years now i have been looking for the carriers

and the 1s that did pop up had a starlet tax on them costing as much as the twinpot setup

anyone reading this im still looking so if you have some affordable 1s :) pm me

thanks richard :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

would be great if there spot on as it saves me 100e to get the astra disks cut down again

Why are people making this so difficult ?

Corolla e10 carriers , 00 onwards mr2 front disks and ae111 twin pots. As Richard was saying . Carrier needs to be modded a very small bit . No spacers or anything like that. It's almost a direct bolt on job.

I have done this on 3 cars over the past 2 years. Zero issues and great stopping power for little money

Why are people making this so difficult ?

Corolla e10 carriers , 00 onwards mr2 front disks and ae111 twin pots. As Richard was saying . Carrier needs to be modded a very small bit . No spacers or anything like that. It's almost a direct bolt on job.

I have done this on 3 cars over the past 2 years. Zero issues and great stopping power for little money

my cariers are from the twinpots foggy is that same alignment to the disk as the e10 carie ???

my cariers are from the twinpots foggy is that same alignment to the disk as the e10 carie ???

No twin pot carrier and e10 carrier has a different position . That's why it's used. If you use twin pot carrier you have to use spacers and odd ball disks

2 years now i have been looking for the carriers

and the 1s that did pop up had a starlet tax on them costing as much as the twinpot setup

anyone reading this im still looking so if you have some affordable 1s :) pm me

thanks richard :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

would be great if there spot on as it saves me 100e to get the astra disks cut down again

I went down my local scrappy were the first pair i came across.

1997 2.0l (3sge) gt

One just like this

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=152210500949&category=9886&pm=1&ds=0&t=1472316507193

I went down my local scrappy were the first pair i came across.

1997 2.0l (3sge) gt

One just like this

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=152210500949&category=9886&pm=1&ds=0&t=1472316507193

sadly over here your not allowed on the scrap yards anymore to check yourself they say its an insurance thingy

no problem richard

are these e10 cariers hard gotten ??? or are they al the same on a e10 rolla 4efe/4afe/4age