Depends what ecu you go for, if its something like an emange then keep the regualtor on as its stronger then stock... even if it runs at stock fuel pressure.

but if its something like the jam/blitz plug and plays they tend to work best with the stock regulator for some reason.

first off though i would try replacing the leads, plugs dizzy cap, rotor arm etc. cleaning them doesnt mean there not worn and past there best, look at the coilpack aswell.

ive replaced the plugs, just need to gap them

i got denzo r11's and somebody said they should be gapped to 0.8 not 1.1.

so ill regap them.

dizzy, rotor arm were all replaced about 12 months ago, and when i was cleaning them they didnt look worn at all really

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could anyone comfirm my suspision above? it seems to be boost related, as in it doesnt do it lower down

so it could be the spark plug gap being to large right?

also, hdi cooler is on now, and the car is going into the garage to have the front bumper chopped out and resprayed

270 quid, i thought that was a realyl good price :thumbsup:

will have some more pics up when that is done

also talkign to zisco abotu a EWG mani, which should be on order soon.

Then it will be up to Ricky for ECU and mapping

anyone?

got the bumper back, i have fallen in love with the front end of my car again. will get some pics up soon

to do is

1. EWG mani from Zisco

2. EMU mapped from Ricky (Do Race-tech do it on a RR? I would like somewhere that do)

3. Optional Lips front and back

Yea sounds like it could be blowing the spark out at higher boost, gap seems too big to me.

Ricky does street mapping but he does rent a rolling road out sometimes I believe and I know he is currently in the process of setting up his own rolling road.

Pics of the bumper ;)

thats what i reckon. as when i first did the cooler, i had a boost leak, and was only boosting to 0.6, and i noticed then i could take it right up the rev range. so i think its boost related

what gap would you recommened sparky? 0.8?

the reason im straying away from road mapping is because ill be coming over to the UK for the map, so i physically cant afford to have it put off due to weather to whatever

anyone good to recommned that has a RR? or maybe if i spoke to Ricky he could rent a rr for the occasion

There are far to many variables to give a simple 'this is your problem' could be plugs, could be naff fuel pump, could be ecu cutting because of fuelling, could be det. could be looooots of things lol. re gap your plugs and go from there.

also ricky will be able to book a RR so if you want that go for it, will cost more but least you have a guaranteed mapping session.

yeah. im going to gap the plugs, if i can find a bloody feeler guage, then we will see.

i should be ordering manifold soon, then booking to go for mapping.

i have heard good things about Race-Tech and TM-Dev.

I wanted somewhere closeer to poole/weymouth way. but all the reputable starlet tuners seem to be further up

• 3 weeks later...

manifold on its way from keith

carbon reverse scoop on its way from IanRayner again.

Misfire fixed by spark plugs gapped down, thanks for the tip Sparky, i wub you <3

but my baileys finally gave up the ghost last night, so im in the process of buying a greddy type s from ep_brad.

Then ive spoken to iddy, and if there is no interest I am putting a deposit on his EMU at the weekend.

The glanza will be a machine

Theres loads of EMU's about atm, Gaz has one but thats wired into a field harness for an ep82, could probably sell that on easy enough, or Lee EP82's is still for sale im sure unless my mate has put a deposit on it?

Theres loads of EMU's about atm, Gaz has one but thats wired into a field harness for an ep82, could probably sell that on easy enough, or Lee EP82's is still for sale im sure unless my mate has put a deposit on it?

yeah i know.

but iddys was cheaper, and was for an ep91. it was awesome. (probably why it went so quick).

the question is, if i bought gaz's how easy would it be to get into my 91 :/

would a mapping company be able to do it easy?

Yeah mine was a bargain tbh. :rolleyes:

thanks idrees, rub it in. I would have had it straight away, but having bought my mani this month I could only affiord a deposit.

damn it.

back to waiting, ill find something

on a related note, my dad just rang he got home and there are two delivery cards for me

so after work ill go and pick up my carbon scoop and my greddy type s (or maybe my mani, but i think itll be those too)