ep85/ep95 upgraded rear anti roll bar + lowring spring kit

ok ive managed to source a spring supplier to make an uprated spring kit and also fabricate a thicker rear uprated rear anti roll bar for the toyota starlet 4paws.

im needing aproximate figures to see if its feasable to make a small production run of both.

il be using a set of zoom springs as a sample and reducing the hight to -50 mill instead of -40

i will keep the spring rate the same for the first batch but open to suggestions from anyone

in regards to the rear bar it will be eather 20-21mm spring bar, considerably thicker than oe spec bar on the 85s, mounting in all the orignal rear arb mounting points.

i will take this further and get a quote on price after ive guaged the interest in this,

so this is an interest thread basicaly, are any of you 4wd starlet owners interested in eather a rear anti roll bar kit or lowering spring kit dependant on prices?

i might be interested in the rear arb. would it include the drop links too or just the actual bar? if its just the bar would it come with the bushes to fit the bigger diameter bar?

what about a bigger front arb, as the stock 85 one is alot thinner than a gt one.

i might be interested in the rear arb. would it include the drop links too or just the actual bar? if its just the bar would it come with the bushes to fit the bigger diameter bar?

what about a bigger front arb, as the stock 85 one is alot thinner than a gt one.

is it possiable to fit a gt one or not?

Your cant fit a gt front arb due to it been a different shape because of the prop shaft.

okay mate thanks for the reply

and the springs should be getting made from zoom springs i imported from japan, JDM goodness ;)

Keen on both, any clearence issues expected for the 4WD exhaust?

not sure since it said in the advert they lower by 35 - 40mm but think geo is intrested in getting them to go lower to 50mm which may have trouble with exhausts but not sure

will wait for him to answer you on that one mate

it will just be for the bar to keep the costs donw, you would have to modify your current bushes to fit the bar,

but it would be a case of unbolting your old bar, modifying/honing the bushes then refitting the new upgraded bar,

Keen on both, any clearence issues expected for the 4WD exhaust?

no, there should not be an issue with the rear axle nocking

@ rich the default spring rates for the zoom srpings are pretty soft so im open to suggestions in reagards to how firm i should make these,

the rear arb would negate the use for harder spring rates as the car wouldent role as much.

but from what i can gather price dependant

weve got

rarb

• charly
  • bigman
  • nzep85
  • bean
  • myself

for the -5o mil spring kit

• rich
  • nz ep85

in regards to the arb i think i have enough to take this further so will make enquirys about productsion costs on this,

i will keep this thread updated,

but if anyone has any more input or has anything to bring to the table, just say ;)

Out of interest what sort of money are those zoom springs all in delivered to your door. Surely they must be well expensive for just a set of springs. I've got a 2.5 inch system on mine and its very very close over the back axle and mine isnt that low on the back.

just over £300 landed

im projecting the cost of this spring kit to be half that price, but might just put it on the back burner and concentrait on getting the rarb made

Out of interest what sort of money are those zoom springs all in delivered to your door. Surely they must be well expensive for just a set of springs. I've got a 2.5 inch system on mine and its very very close over the back axle and mine isnt that low on the back.

i paid about £300 for them to my door

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...