are you curious if the world will end in 2012 ?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats one hell of an answer Nanglebadger!

lots to talk about but simply i thinks its bollocks the world will end one day and it changes all the time but not going to happen any time soon and hey if it does i'v had a good run lol

I'm all for debating things that have been observed like the example Phil mentioned. However I'm not up to scratch with it

The point I was making was i do believe the 2012 doomsday theory will not happen, however my point is we never know. Scientists might study and say the worlds healthy and fine maybe a few too many greenhouse gases but it's fine. Then suddenly boom bye bye.

It's been known for perfectly fit and healthy people to just drop dead so why not consider the possibility that it may happen. Does that make sense?

from a purely tectonic or atmospheric perspective, no.

not that quickly. seismic events of a magnitude great enough to blow the place the pieces would most likely be forcast-able and would probably be a culmination of many different events/occurences. for it to happen out of the blue would require something serious to go wrong in the core of the planet. obviously the planet's core is cooling and when it is done there will be any number of changes expected, but as it cools it solidifies, not explodes. so, whilst catastrophic volcanic activities are not out of the question, i would question whether these would lead to an "world going pop" event as these are surface and mantle events, not core related.

for the atmosphere to change to a level serious to alter the weather patterns enough to bring about an ice age or similar event to spell the end for humans, natural systems such as the oceanic currents, including the North Atlantic Drift, would need to shut down. And whilst environmental models/theories have been developed around such an occurence, the complete shutting down of the deep sea current system is not something that would occur over night or within our lifetimes, and again, we would be seeing tell tale signs - change in local and hemispheric weather patterns yadda yadda. so again, it wouldn't happen within the space of 2012.

thats not to say that some mad shit couldn't occur - a nuclear holocaust or similar, but again, that would not expressly mean the end of the rock on which we stand, merely the life upon it.

Phil.

FLOL! I shit you not, I scrolled down this page reading the posts, josh you innocently mentioned labyrinth-earthquake, and I shit you not, my sister in the other room JUST put it on.... Spooky! Maybe its a sign haha :)

Back on topic though, asking if the world will end this year is like asking "what happens when we die?"..."How did the world really start?" "Why do I picture Steve GT playing with his turbo on the living room floor?"...... Its all questions that realistically no one in our life time will ever know for sure....

Everyone else can worry about theories and "doomsday" :p I just live every day as it comes lol!

Phil your a bloody clever bloke. Please don't take this the wrong way cause I know your a man of many talents but fuck me youve surprised me there lol il thought you were in the pharmacy/medical side didn't know you were geographically minded too lol

addzz - we don't know how the world really started?? if you are of a scientific mind set at all, i think u'd know that we have a fairly sound idea of the events that led to the world beginning.

infact, there are whole TV series dedicated to it with that Scottish lecturer presenter (Ian something-or-other), who explains just how many factors happen to be spot on for life on earth with regards to the exact position of the earth in the solar system, the exact nature of the atmospheric make up, etc etc. true no one was there to witness it all, but i'd say they are 99.9% certain of how it has all come to be. hell, i believe they have even identified the first bacterial life forms that would, eventually, lead from bacteria in warm shallow oceans to the horrid little chavs we see skulking on street corners today who try to knick our cars from our driveways whilst we sleep...the form may have changed, but for some, their intellect clearly remains at a bacterial level.

the bigger question i have heard recently is around is this the first time around for the universe?? im sure we all know that the universe is expanding, this has been observed and is measurable. one theory suggests that at some point it will stop expanding, and begin to contract, all the way back down to the single minute point where it all exploded from...and then...BOOM! big bang all over again and the whole process starts over. meaning, is this the first time this has actually happened? not life on earth per se as i can't imagine it reforms the same each time, but the existence of the universe. has this expansion and contraction and expansion and contraction been going on for aeons?

anyone see Stephen Hawking's show on Time Travel where he puts forward his reasons that travelling back in time is not possible due to "feedback", but that, in theory, please remember that phrase, in theory, if an object (i.e. imagine some fancy ass space ship) were able to use the mass of a super massive back hole and sling-shot itself around the hole, enough momentum could be gained to (eventually) generate enough velocity to travel faster than the speed of light, and the speed at which time moves...naturally i can't do the theory justice, but i gotta say i find his whole argument fascinating. and yes, the passage of time can be influenced, by gravity. for example, a little reading around time dilation will tell u that time passes somewhere in the region of 45,900 nanoseconds per day, or like a tenth of a billionth of a second or so, quicker at a GPS satellite than at the earth's surface due to the gravitational effect of the earth slowing time as it passes over it. again, i cant do the topic justice, but it is a fascinating read, i wish i could understand just a bit of it.

@Steve - yes mate I work in the Pharmaceutical industry, but I have a BSc in Geography and an MSc in Coastal Zone Geomorphology. I essentially studied this kinda thing for 6 years at University. and again, in all those years, the "world going pop" was certainly never mentioned. i dont believe its even a far out remote theory of a planetary explosion caused by some internal event.

Phil.

I have to agree that obviously the world came from somewhere, and that science IS the logical answer in my opinion.... However :p.

I'm sure people that go on about the big bang say that it was this atom and that atom etc traveling at this speed that created this and that and then boom we have a universe :p... BUT.... Where did those atoms come from?

You can keep going back and back and back until you can't answer anymore about where the previous atom came from because eventually there isn't going to be an answer?.....

How can something be created from nothing? And what is "nothing"?

Ok, I'm not sure I make any sense.... But what I'm trying to say is that for the big bang to have happened, there must have been something put in place to cause it wether thats a bunch of chemicals or speed and time falling into a black hole or whatever.... But then you have to ask, where did they come from? And then, whatever created them, where did they come from? Etc etc etc

oh dude, there's any amount of reading can be done around that subject. im not even going to attempt to talk about that one because i havent done enough reading myself on it.

wikipedia will be loaded with things on this, not to mention any amount of peer-reviewed journal submissions and doctorate theses and research publications.

thats a whole other discussion on advanced quantum theory and/or quantum mechanics that is so far beyond my geographical readings that even watching dumbed down presentations for mass viewing on tv is too quick for me. thats some fancy ass shenanigans there! fascinating nonetheless.

Phil.

I was starting to like this forum before i saw this thread ;) . If you look deeply in to nostrodamus (however it is spelt) and the pictures that he drew they could be interperated in millions of different ways... and as for the mayan calander they most probably got bored of adding on days, it is not like they could have gone on forever.

Edited by Ginz

and why exactly has that put u off the forum pray tell??

its only a discussion on something thats regularly reported in the media. fair enough it's veered slightly towards associated topics right now, but i cant see how raising the level of the conversation beyond media and Hollywood hype to actual scientific principles would put u off the forum. :blink: :blink: :huh: :huh:

but hey each to their own.

lulz. :thumbsup:

Phil.

• 5 years later...

haha well this was interesting.

Before the said date, some Mayan dude on youtube was going on about how the media twisted the truth about his culture and how the last date on the Mayan calander has nothing to do with the end of the world. It's actually got something to do with a massive consciousness shift after 2012 and people are supposed to get spiritually enlightened or some shit. lol

Ryan Lang has a good point though about the government, media etc.., the way society is going and trends are following through, it's scary to think what the future holds.

When I was a kid, I actually had somewhat a childhood. Now kids don't even go out to play, they just stuck on their 2D screen indoors all day being fed nonsense mainstream media.

And look at the lyrics of mainstream music that kids listen to these days, it's all about sex, drugs and rock n roll amongst some other things and I'm not even going to start with daytime TV and news. It's a worldwide psychological war going on atm and it goes beyond the government. We're talking the rich elites of the world like the Rothschilds, etc who pretty much own the entire monetary system. The government and the 'Jayz's and kayne wests' are all just puppets to an elitist, pagan agenda for the likes of Rotshchilds and Rupert Murdoch etc.

Slight thought on religion, have you ever wondered why all religions start out with an Orthodox perspective and then get changed with time to different sects, i.e with Christians, you got Orthodox, then you got Catholics & Protestants, with Muslims, you have Orthodox, then you got Sunni & Shia, With Jews, you have those Orthodox who follow the Torah, and then you have those who follow the Talmud in more recent times. Strangely enough, the Orthodox perspective in all religions is essentially the same, however with the presence of powerful empires back in the day have caused all faiths to be divided and conquered respectively. Just remember that all pagans worship the same devil no matter where they are in the world. And all good people from all faiths worship the same God (if you believe in him that is).

Nevertheless, we're living in a interesting time in history atm.

Edited by Shyam