Restoration of Glazed Glanza Headlights

lol @ 4:00

"ahh thats fucking hot"

Good video though

lol i didnt see the steam coming out the bowl till i felt the water lol!

cool guide, i did mine last week with polish, works a treat too

yeh, i used polish first for a while. but i bet if u compared one of my headlights to a polished one it'd make yours look horrible :D

so its basically a warning for any of your guys who havent done this, not to park next to me haha :p

haha love it!

bumpers still in the conservatory to! :D

haha, yeh cars at bodyshop still :D

yeh, i used polish first for a while. but i bet if u compared one of my headlights to a polished one it'd make yours look horrible :D

so its basically a warning for any of your guys who havent done this, not to park next to me haha :p

haha, ill do it the way you did when i got some time :D

I used 1000grit on the bodywork and lights, Came out like new. Just make sure you don't apply much pressure. You'll be fine aslong as the colour doesn't start sanding off, only the laquer.

Good video,will be doing it to mines soon as.Would g3 compound work just the same ?

tbh yes.,.. any cutting compound, followed by polish then wax will be great! :)

I used 1000grit on the bodywork and lights, Came out like new. Just make sure you don't apply much pressure. You'll be fine aslong as the colour doesn't start sanding off, only the laquer.

lol playing with fire there dude B)

good video :)

only thing is, the inside of the lights are mostly awful :)

i like the glanza lights :( thx :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks socks :) I used 600 > 1200 > 2500 as thats all i could get, prob could have spent more time over them and tried harder to get them off lol but with the little time i had im chuffed with the results, and saved myself £30 on headlights so bought new speakers :) now just my fogs to do.....

Thanks again. Fern :(

YUK!

cal009.jpg

Yum!

cal010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I did this to mine one evening last week, results were amazing! Only thing i have some condensation on the silver part inside on one of the lights, anyone know if this can be taken out and cleaned?

Tobie

Im sure you can heat the glue up by putting them in the oven for a short period of time? then reheat to put it back on??

not entirely sure im sure someone else will confirm/say im 100% wrong xD

Good guide matt, i`ll be doing this soon!! :wub:

• 3 months later...
Im sure you can heat the glue up by putting them in the oven for a short period of time? then reheat to put it back on??

not entirely sure im sure someone else will confirm/say im 100% wrong xD

Good guide matt, i`ll be doing this soon!! :p

hi mate, yes you can do this i did this a while back while following socks's guide, works a treat by the way thanks socks!! :lol:

10 mins in the oven and they should pry off, try not to get the glue on you tho its a git to get off, then just reheat and stick them back on :( jobs a good one!!

awesome :p i had a little polish of my lights and a bit of yellow came off but still looked crap so i assumed it was inside, but yours looked exactly the same as wot mine do now so i shall give it a go at the weekend and post up my results :( if it works, you are a legend cuz my lights are what spoils my car the most :lol: