Boss kit for EP91

Right,

I need a definitive answer here folks.

Does anyone have a steering wheel boss kit, or a link to one, that is EP91 specific, in other words, i need it to allow the steering wheel HORN button work!

i dont want to have to fit some remote piece of crap.

so, is there a kit to allow this or not??

Links please to DEFINITIVE EP91 kit solutions. No hypotheses please folks! needs to be 100% certain.

Phil.

this is the 1 i have, and my horn button works,

http://www.rhdjapan.com/boss-kit-hub-adapter-toyota-18721

but you have to buy this horn just for the sexualness of it :)

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hkb-sports-origina...ld-silver-58282

and because i have the same but in black and it definitely works,

just fit the boss kit and then plug the wire into the horn :p

it doesnt wrap around anything because of the metal plate that connects on the back of the boss

this TRD 1 will work alos as it only has 1 connector on the back

http://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-steering-wheel...ton-black-18856

oh, i had an airbag in my oem steering wheel if thats what you meant lol

the airbag works from shock its not wired into anything at all that i know of dude

it was just a simple take the old wheel off, stick the boss kit on stick the aftermarket wheel on then plug the wire that comes attatched to the boss to the horn and walla! tooting like road runner :p but the horn needs to be fitted properly because theres a copper wire thing that comes from the horn that needs to make contact with the boss for it to beep.

ill get pics tomorrow for you dude i got sod all else to do anyway :D

ill make a 'how to' guide tomorrow and we are even on the lecture front :) haha

I know of two different air bag system in glanza's mine the wire and clock spring type and Craig n has a wireless type which works on a weight in the air bag he light never even came on when a removed his airbag so dilemmas dude.

Fuck Ryan beat me to it I'm thinking Phil has the same type as me with a clock spring and wires

here you go dude, aslong as your boss kit has this gold ring around the back:

bosskitsfit6.jpg

and 1 wire coming from it to the front of the boss like this: mine is green, doesnt matter what color

bosskitsfit7.jpg

it should work, because the gold plate is pressed against:

bosskitsfit5.jpg

then you fit your wheel to the boss kit, the boss kit onto the spline, pull the green wire out through the centre and plug it into the single connector on the back of the horn

bosskitsfit1.jpg

the v-shaped gold connector need to be touching the boss kit for the horn to work, and the boss kit comes with a little spacer ring that sits between the boss and the wheel for the v-shaped gold connector to touch.

aslong as you buy the same boss kit and horns i have linked you to in my 1st post its easy as pie

see the little gold pin that touches the gold ring on the boss....... he dont have that pin he has a clock spring which is basiclly a coil of wire in a round case and as you turn the wheel the wire unravels/ravels up to keep that connection there which is the same as mine you need a totally different boss for our setup

he needs this one

http://www.rhdjapan.com/boss-kit-hub-adapt...ed-toyota-26432

aye or another £80 will get u the TRD one off Gryzor on TGTT!! which i always wanted, but i aint got £180!

so, Bride 280 mm with no boss kit, just straight to the hub, for instant stalk flickage, and a light-up blue button. winz.

Phil.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

been having a look in to this might have found away around the problem!! will update once i finished!! smile.png

Did you manage to find a way around this? I've just fitted the boss with contacts and my horn has a push in spring mechanism.

Thanks