removing ABS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea or get the proper ones from Toyota, the codes are on the pics

i think i may have read on an old thread on tgtt when i asked about removing abs on there ages ago and someone mentioned that the non abs kit isn't a direct swap over??!!?? obviously tee and fittings should be fine but i mean the brake lines etc... i see if i can find thread later as just off to work now

Oh really look the same to me up to the junction on the right, codes are the same then theres the second box on the left which I had and the lines too - see how it looks before I do it

Think it looks like you also need extra pipework to lead to the clutch pipe

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this up.

I'm going to do this pretty soon whilst the engine is out of the GT. Any more info on this it appreciated.

Can i use non ABS lines, t pieces and unions from a GT to replace the ones on the bulkhead ?

Failing that i will just measure the old ones and match to braided lines, source t pieces and unions.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

who else has done this then as the pictures all show different routing its confusing, the first for pictures with the braided lines, looks spot on to me then when you look at the kit TD sell they route theres different aswell like both passengers side in to a T, fuck it im gonna find a picture again of the td kit i could be rong

but whos done it and whos got it working lol