removing ABS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok makes sense. I made up my own lines with 2 tees for about 20quid, will stick a photo up later...

If 90 quid includes all lines and the non-abs valve from Toyota then that seems a good way to go as making up the lines is a pain in the arse!

Edited by WallaceGlanza

Ah ok makes sense. I made up my own lines with 2 tees for about 20quid, will stick a photo up later...

If 90 quid includes all lines and the non-abs valve from Toyota then that seems a good way to go as making up the lines is a pain in the arse!

Toyota want 260 quid for the valve. I

Just got someone with a na ep91 modal with no abs and brought the valve off them

Or go scrappy

• 3 weeks later...

Yours wheels lock up a lot later than abs kicks in so you can brake harder also ;)

main benefit removing ABS ?

Sure it weighs a few KGs But locking the wheels up on harsh braking is no good as well or am i missing something ?

Would only really advise removing ABS if you have uprated front brakes, bigger calipers, and before you do it remove the ABS fuse and drive around to try and get a feel for it first.

I have td fast road brake kit yet to lock the brakes up with the abs disabled feels so much better :)

• 4 years later...

correct me if im wrong but that big block thing on the bulkhead is the brake proportioning valve, looking at things you need to keep it.

it controls brake bias front to rear, stopping the rear wheels from locking up under heavy braking when all the weight is thrown forward.

meaning if you bypass that you will have a brake imbalance front to rear.and fail mot.

i was looking on the australian starlet forum and came across this..

* On the EP82 GT Turbo there was a part change in January 1992. Up until then the 47150-10080 proportioning valve was unique to the EARLY version, non-ABS models.

* 1992 onwards the non-ABS models used the same valve as their corolla counterparts; AE92 GT, GT-APEX and GTZ.

* The ABS-equipped EP82 GT Turbos used the same unit fitted to the EXY10 Sera. Later the part was superseeded by Toyota with 47150-44020 (fitted to Ipsum, Nadia, Gaia and the ZZV50 Vista).

* EP91 Glanza V: Non-ABS version used the same unit found on early Avalons (MCX10) and AE101, AE111 corolla variants; ABS version shared with several Celica, Corona and ABS-equipped Corollas.

(credit .. some aussie bloke on ausstarlet)

From what i can work out, (mainly because my gt is a mk1 91 and it has a 4 port )  the pre 1992 models are the 4 port prop valves that you just pipe to a tee and then into the rear of the master.

everything else is 5 port .  it would need to be replaced with either a 4 port ( if you can find one ) or a prop valve of some sort

mechanical,or manual.