Giggz's 236bhp Race-TechTD04 Glanza Turbo.

Well folks, thought it was time i got around to doing a thread as I've decided to keep the Glanza now the roads are drying up.

It started a year around a year ago when I got the horn for wanting a turbo car, but with being 22 it was tricky getting something biggish insured. Got a few quotes from my insurance and for a glanza it didn't change at all so I thought get in.

Spent a month looking around and finally picked her up, this is how she was when I bought her:

1641236-1.jpg

1641236-2.jpg

1641236-3.jpg

1641236-4.jpg

1641236-5.jpg

1641236-6.jpg

1641236-7.jpg

It came with the following:

FMIC,

HKS SSQV BOV,

Grooved discs on front,

Painted calipers,

Rota Alloys,

Tints,

Some exhautsuk system,

Xenon Headlights.

Needless to say going from a saxo vtr to this i thought it'd be slower being a 1.3,how wrong was I lol, Grinning like a Cheshire cat whilst driving it home.

Gave it a good clean out and polish and got a few more snaps:

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

Trying to be artistic with this one but the iPhone camera is semi fail ^_^

IMG_0007.jpg

Had a really good look over the car and ripped the headunit out due to the dodgy wiring from the previous owner :ph34r:

One of the first things i wanted to do was get the intercooler out on show from behind the bumper, Spoke to Idress and at the time due to mine being a 96 the bumpers he had in stock wouldn't fit mine BUT he did have the factory optional lip so snatched that up. Also got the ID-Workz cooling panel at the same time and got that fitted. Took it to the local body shop as the front bumper needed respraying due to chips and got it back looking like this:

29912_10150182130515076_603345075_12776495_4291292_n.jpg

Around a month later the vtr finally sold so I had a fair bit of cash to play with, In the end I just thought feck it bigger turbo time, Got speaking to Ricky @ Race-Tech regarding the TD04 kit and decided on that, going from pretty much a standard Glanza to that would be some power increase. Anyway I popped round for a chat and see what was what and turns out he was a old friend, small world :) . We decided on aiming for around 200bhp which would be achieved with the kit, going from a estimated 140bhp. I was also to be one of the first to get this kit on the car, I believe Driver was the only one before me but he had a slightly different style manifold.

So got booked in and Ricky had the car for just under a week, and I had the following fitted:

TD04 turbo, (Reconditioned)

Race-Tech SS Ramhorn Manifold

Race-Tech SS 2.5" Modular Downpipe

Race-Tech SS Screamer Pipe

Race-Tech SS Braided Oil & Water Lines

Tial 38mm Vband External Wastegate,

Induction kit is right behind front bumper piggybacked straight onto turbo,

E-Manage blue (setup and tuned),

39669_10150226695645076_603345075_14082162_5477706_n.jpg

That's the only pic I've got on my pc of under the bonnet atm, ignore the comedy catch cans they'll be gone shortly when I get the bay all cleaned up as after this winter it's sporting rally slag look.

Whist Ricky had it got the 3pod A Pillar ordered from TM - Developments and got a boost/oil temp/oil pressure gauge fitted.

Was a good job I had the car in for the work as the ct9 that came off had alot of shaft play and was on it's way out.

Got the car back from Ricky at like 11pm so took it straight out and damn the difference was unreal, screamer pipe roaring in the words of Jezza 'I had a crysis' :D

This was just before the UKSC RR day, so decided to get myself down on the rollers.

So headed down there and met up Socks, Steve GT and Ro55ifumi.

DSCN1398.jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

I didn't half get a shock when it came back after it's first run. 236bhp was reached. :D Considering I was expecting around 190/200bhp I was slightly gobsmacked,

Not sure who caught the back end on film but here she she just getting to end of run and dumping. Gotta love the HKS churp.

Graphs from RR:

rollingroad1.jpg

rollingroad2.jpg

rollingroad.jpg

After looking over the graphs realised that the wheels had spun slightly on the rollers :D and a few snaps of the car that was took:

38075_10150211642655076_603345075_13624451_2290236_n.jpg

d1a374a5.jpg

Since then I've kept her how is due to fundage and the winter weather, just giving her a service and a few little bits like tracking getting redone.

Plans to happen:

Fit a proper oil catch can,

Get under bonnet tidied up with coloured pipes,

Rocker cover sprayed,

Possibly a varis front bumper, (If she goes through MOT fine without stinging me too much)

Anti lift kit,

Maybe strip interior out still undecided on that.

was good to meet you giggz, was a good day and you werent the only that was suprised, i think u pulled the highest figure on stock internals that day! impressive, was so loud in the unit tho! lol

look forward to convoying to a few events this year with u dude!

Glad your keeping it, I demand some videos now after the teaser on youtube :)^_^

Your car is also the reason I am traveling to RaceTech for my mapping, really impressed me at the RR day :ph34r:

Tidy up that bay and a nice front bumper and it will be one sweet car

wish i had the guts to turn mine up to 1.2bar on standard internals lol

You'll be fine :)

Glad your keeping it, I demand some videos now after the teaser on youtube ^_^:D

Your car is also the reason I am traveling to RaceTech for my mapping, really impressed me at the RR day :ph34r:

Tidy up that bay and a nice front bumper and it will be one sweet car

I'll get some vid's up once the weathers better, trying to source a better quality cam or get a mate to film a few fly bys as the dash mount is just crap quality, sounds so bad on that :D

Tidy car and impressive results!

Are you still running the pcv valve? Is it gutted and running like a breather? And where is the vaccum from the inlet going?

Cheers!

It's still there, will be gutted when I get round to fitting catch can on, I'll have a look next time i'm under iirc it goes to wastegate.

Small update, somethings arrived today thanks to LukEp

photo.jpg

and thanks to Thorpy I've got a adjustable rear strut brace fitted,

photo2.jpg

Though I'm not sure if it's mounted right? Only bolts onto 2 of the 4 bolts? Wont reach the coilovers?

photo1.jpg

On the way home though can feel it's already made a difference going around corners, car seems to feel alot stiffer now.

beleive socks has same problem with his brace. believe you have to trim the plastic surround mate.

beleive socks has same problem with his brace. believe you have to trim the plastic surround mate.

Just got her back,

So it's gone from this:

39669_10150226695645076_603345075_14082162_5477706_n.jpg

To this, going to get around to cleaning rest of bay up at some point:

enginebay.jpg

catchcan.jpg

rad1.jpg

Not to everyones taste but if it helps with cooling all good:

bonnet.jpg

Also got anti lift kitted but iphone no flash in this light fails :)

looks alot tidyer! :)

Cheers, will look better when I get around to giving it a good clean.

Looks ten times better mate :o

Where does the catch can breath to? and what goes to the PCV inlet on the inlet manifold instead

Vta for catch can, piping from wastegate and bov meet at a t piece that feeds in, How it was setup by Ricky when i had the kit put on.