fastest fwd starlet

there are a couple here in aus that have gone very low 11's using the stock gearboxes.... cv joints and splines are the bits that fail on most setups... i think no one has broken the amount of gearboxes i have though yet.... my car has run 13 flat at 118mph so i know its good for more, but i always bust 3rd gear or the final drive.... :blush:

yer it is a bit of a money pit, spend close to 30k aud on it now and i seriously have no idea how HAHA engine cost alot though as i got tons of custom bits and had a few go's at certain parts

but yer if u want it, come get it lol, its in cairns, australia and it has a blown turbo, so wherever u go in it, i will know from the smoke trail :lol:

there are a couple here in aus that have gone very low 11's using the stock gearboxes.... cv joints and splines are the bits that fail on most setups... i think no one has broken the amount of gearboxes i have though yet.... my car has run 13 flat at 118mph so i know its good for more, but i always bust 3rd gear or the final drive.... :lol:

low 11s would be the best so far then.

all the guys in malta, jamaca, all runing dog boxes thats why there runing there good times

you dont need a "dog box" to run fast times, straight cut gears maybe, but not dog engagement because dogs arent really much stronger than syncros and just as easy to break :lol:

i am currently on the hunt for straight cuts, but wanna steer clear of dogs, because it is my daily driven car, and i wish to keep it that way for some time as my other car isnt exactly any good on fuel...

you dont need a "dog box" to run fast times, straight cut gears maybe, but not dog engagement because dogs arent really much stronger than syncros and just as easy to break :lol:

i am currently on the hunt for straight cuts, but wanna steer clear of dogs, because it is my daily driven car, and i wish to keep it that way for some time as my other car isnt exactly any good on fuel...

i would still class straight cut gears as "not std gearbox" so if there not all using dog boxs there using straight cut gears

but as far as we no low 11s is best on standard gearbox yea?

i would still class straight cut gears as "not std gearbox" so if there not all using dog boxs there using straight cut gears

but as far as we no low 11s is best on standard gearbox yea?

yer 11's can be done, there is a few guys in aus doing it, and i know they are on standard boxes with an lsd or a welded diff centre...

i dunno how they do it though, cause i cant get mine to hook up even on semi slicks and launch control... i just seem to break boxes, or run a terrible time at high MPH, which isnt too bad because i know that high mph shows the real power of a car anyways, and my mph is equiv of a low 11

yer it is a bit of a money pit, spend close to 30k aud on it now and i seriously have no idea how HAHA engine cost alot though as i got tons of custom bits and had a few go's at certain parts

but yer if u want it, come get it lol, its in cairns, australia and it has a blown turbo, so wherever u go in it, i will know from the smoke trail :D

if i have a good summers work ill be coming to australia for our winter anyway so ill take this as a written agreement :thumbsup: . if i ended up close id defo wanna come have a wee look :o

yer 11's can be done, there is a few guys in aus doing it, and i know they are on standard boxes with an lsd or a welded diff centre...

i dunno how they do it though, cause i cant get mine to hook up even on semi slicks and launch control... i just seem to break boxes, or run a terrible time at high MPH, which isnt too bad because i know that high mph shows the real power of a car anyways, and my mph is equiv of a low 11

ohh i no 11s can be done!! I've done it. std box just a kazz diff. 118mph wont let you do low 11s dude! 12s maybe

im thinking on a full slick :thumbsup: on a radial tyre a 118 defs wont go low 11's but im getting a bigger turbo now, so should be able to get a bit more pace out of it now :o

my 11 sec run was on full slicks!! i earlyer done a run on low boost and ran 12.2 at 119mph.

60fts play a big part doh

what slicks did u use??? the only times i have been i have run a normal street tyre, drove 400km there, raced, and then drove 400km home lol...

next time im going to have some full slicks and more power so im aiming to trap at about 125mph+ with the new turbo and tuning

what slicks did u use??? the only times i have been i have run a normal street tyre, drove 400km there, raced, and then drove 400km home lol...

next time im going to have some full slicks and more power so im aiming to trap at about 125mph+ with the new turbo and tuning

i would of thought if a 5 gt turbo can do an 11sec run @ 111mph then a starlet should be capable of doing it????

http://www.rtoc.org/cgi-bin/leader_board.c...mp;tyres=slicks

look at the 60 foot time though, and he doesnt have a slip for it, so it may not be accurate.... i know 11's can be done at 118mph, but on a street tyre i have only seen mid to high 11's, and im aiming for sub 11.5's

well kinda, i run federal 595 RS-R's on my car all the time, which are a semi slick, but i wanna try them, try break into the 11'sand go as far as they will take me, and if i cant get it under a 12 flat, i will go to the MT et streets and see how much better they are, before going all out on a full race slick

realistically, i am not aiming for times as much, because i cant go to a local drag strip the nearest one is 400km away and its crap, so the next closest is almost 1000km away but it is a really well prepped track..... and besides drag racing doesnt really interest me in any way, im mainly going for the trap speeds, as the top end is what gives u the indication of a tough street car

well kinda, i run federal 595 RS-R's on my car all the time, which are a semi slick, but i wanna try them, try break into the 11'sand go as far as they will take me, and if i cant get it under a 12 flat, i will go to the MT et streets and see how much better they are, before going all out on a full race slick

realistically, i am not aiming for times as much, because i cant go to a local drag strip the nearest one is 400km away and its crap, so the next closest is almost 1000km away but it is a really well prepped track..... and besides drag racing doesnt really interest me in any way, im mainly going for the trap speeds, as the top end is what gives u the indication of a tough street car

on street tyres and with a trap speed of 118mph you will not do 11.5 i dont think 11s at all actualy. my 60ft on that 12.2 run at 119mph was 1.9 like on full slicks,and with street tires i would think youd be doing 2.1 2.2's at your best 60fts

my best time is 11.5 at 123mph with 1.8 60ft!!! standard gearbox just with a diff