fastest fwd starlet

well kinda, i run federal 595 RS-R's on my car all the time, which are a semi slick, but i wanna try them, try break into the 11'sand go as far as they will take me, and if i cant get it under a 12 flat, i will go to the MT et streets and see how much better they are, before going all out on a full race slick

realistically, i am not aiming for times as much, because i cant go to a local drag strip the nearest one is 400km away and its crap, so the next closest is almost 1000km away but it is a really well prepped track..... and besides drag racing doesnt really interest me in any way, im mainly going for the trap speeds, as the top end is what gives u the indication of a tough street car

to be fair it's trap speeds that only interest me to,as it can tell you how much bhp a car has and ultimately which is the quicker car once on the move.

My 5efte r5 is getting mapped a week on Friday so hopefully I can get to the first rwyb at York dragway and see what it does

on street tyres and with a trap speed of 118mph you will not do 11.5 i dont think 11s at all actualy. my 60ft on that 12.2 run at 119mph was 1.9 like on full slicks,and with street tires i would think youd be doing 2.1 2.2's at your best 60fts

my best time is 11.5 at 123mph with 1.8 60ft!!! standard gearbox just with a diff

one of the aussie guys had run into the 11's on street tyres, so i know it is possible.... i know mid 11's might be outta the question, but as i said, im REALLY just after trap speeds, drag racing does not interest me in the slightest seeing as though i set my car up for touge and mountain runs and open tracks, therefore i really have to change the setup to make it work well at the drags, my ultimate goal though, is to run an 11 in the car, when im ready to do so

one of the aussie guys had run into the 11's on street tyres, so i know it is possible.... i know mid 11's might be outta the question, but as i said, im REALLY just after trap speeds, drag racing does not interest me in the slightest seeing as though i set my car up for touge and mountain runs and open tracks, therefore i really have to change the setup to make it work well at the drags, my ultimate goal though, is to run an 11 in the car, when im ready to do so

find out his 60ft time and speed.hes obviously done 1.8 or better which i find very hard to believe on street tires.

my best on street tyres was 3.1. although i have a much lower spec that you guys haha

and it was my first time doing a 1/4 mile/motorsport, and there was no tyre warming

you should never do a burnout on normal street tyres on the strip.... hot street tyres are less likely to grip anyways ;) unless your using a semi slick or a drag radial, do not do a burnout, its pointless and will make you wheelspin ;)

@animalgt, im trying to find the thread it was in, just cant find it, but i would love to get into 11's even if it is an 11.99 its still an 11 and i will stop drag racing (only had my car on the strip twice since the rebuild anyways)

you should never do a burnout on normal street tyres on the strip.... hot street tyres are less likely to grip anyways ;) unless your using a semi slick or a drag radial, do not do a burnout, its pointless and will make you wheelspin ;)

@animalgt, im trying to find the thread it was in, just cant find it, but i would love to get into 11's even if it is an 11.99 its still an 11 and i will stop drag racing (only had my car on the strip twice since the rebuild anyways)

yeah, but id be sat completely still for 30 minutes or so. just engine running. surely completely cold tyes are worse?

how does 3.1 go for a fairly standard glanza, with an lsd. any idea? just to know how i am doing. my over all ET times were awful, as i was being wet after 3rd due to a bend and a headwind changing to a cross wind (wasnt a drag strip, was a 1/4 mile sprint)

normal road tyres, like an everyday tire that is made to last 40 000kms is better grip when cold (well, warm but not burnout warm) and if the track has been VHT prepped for slicks forget about racing because VHT compound is terrible on street tyres.... its weird how a compound made to get slicks better traction makes road tyres worse...

as for your question about a glanza, i wouldnt know, we dont have glanza's in australia BUT a 3.1 60 foot time is terrible lol, what u need to try and do is give it a bunch of revs, and as u feed it more throttle leaving the line, slip the clutch out slowly, so it makes boost when the clutch is still not on full bite, it usually helps get people of the line better, its like launch control except not using retarded timing and stuff.... and u would wanna have a good clutch, it will destroy a standard clutch easy doing that

i use that method to get off the line even with launch control, but 300bhp is a bit hard to control wheelspin in first no matter how u launch

• 2 months later...