adjustable panhard rod fitting ???

as above i have replaced my standard panhard rod for a ''adjustable panhrad rod''

i have fitted the new one & as always my rear driver side is not level from the other side looking from the arch

i fitted the new one brought from a member on here so dint bother to adjust it as it already was..

so i put both rods together n thy was exact same lenght

to level my rear end out do i need to take it off again & tighten it in or ??

Thanks!

well i didnt run one for ages and the only problem i had was scrapping when carrying passengers if you have a stripped out rear there pretty useless

lol.. my driver side rear tyre shreads slightly.. also the rod should give the rear wheels a slight camber in, so it dosent catch arches when lowered..

i hope someone else can comfirm how to proply get my rear end level with the rod fitted ??

ive done the big bolt up as tight as posible all the bolts holding it on too are tight as

remember to lube it up good tho or the bushes dry n squeek

finally a proper answer- ive done a quick research, starlet driver side arch has more space than the passenger side..

on a adjustable rod u have to tightn it about a finger space on the rod threads then nip it back up n tightn the 2 17mm bolts that holds the rod, now the rear end is level

i wil be doing this over the w/end lol

Nas ive just found it trial and error, becuase when the carf is up in the air, the axle will look central but when lowerd the body of the car will sway towards the passenger side (to the left when stood behind the car) this meaning you will get scrapage on the drivers side rear sidewall.

Best thing to do is when setting it up to the best you can, make sure the axle is a little more over the the passenger side arch, so then when you drop the car down again it will centre itself, but like i said its trial and error really mate :ph34r:

If you need any help mate come up to mine im not far from you at all :p

Nas ive just found it trial and error, becuase when the carf is up in the air, the axle will look central but when lowerd the body of the car will sway towards the passenger side (to the left when stood behind the car) this meaning you will get scrapage on the drivers side rear sidewall.

Best thing to do is when setting it up to the best you can, make sure the axle is a little more over the the passenger side arch, so then when you drop the car down again it will centre itself, but like i said its trial and error really mate :p

If you need any help mate come up to mine im not far from you at all :ph34r:

^ Thanks for the info, n for offering help tho..

ive done research & have adjusted mine about 2cm longer from the standard rod which has made my both rear wheels level to the arch with slight camber & now wheels run inside the arch instaed of under it :p

• 5 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but ive got one of these to fit, if i measured the distance from the wheel arch to the hub centre when the cars on the ground then put the rear of the car on axle stands and loaded the rear suspension with jacks so it was in the same place as on the floor and fitted the new adjustable panhard rod in this position would this work?

Cheers

Depending on what adjustable panhard rod you have you can adjust them whilst it's on and the car is on the floor, I've had a cusco and rsr one which both allow you to do this. It's a case of making small adjustments to get it lined up. As for them being 'pointless', there far from it, when the car is lowered the standard rod pushes the body of the car to the right, which therefore causes 'crabbing' which impairs handling.

Hope that helps