suspension handling for rough roads(discusion)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got 205/50/16's the now so there is enuf tyre flex but im gona try raising it but im presentet with another problem,

i cant find any keys/chucks to fiddle about with raising it :p

Enzo im pretty sure yours are 205/40's same as mine... i read it in another thread plus they look too skinny to be 50 profiles

Its not good for your back having 40 profiles and coilys i can tell you... i honestly cant wait to get back on the road :p:p:p:p

lol they are 205/50/16's its stamped on the tyres...

the nuts have been screwed on too tight, and because of the alloy i can only access them is using a skiny 19 mil socket so just waiting on that arriving at the garage,

im wanting to get the wheels off soon and put my team dynamics on as the salt must be fuckin the lip on the back wheels:)

ive found a certain part that think must raise it as i dont have a clue what it is, il post a pick up.

Coilovers can be bought in many different forms, there's a common mis-conception that there too hard. Coilovers are dependant on the spring and bound rates. You can honestly buy coilovers and repliacte the standard suspension, you could even make them softer if you wanted too. There no different from shocks and springs except there complete rather than seperate. I have Tein type flex with 4kg front and rear springs for the road, these compensate for the bumpy/uneven surfaces whilst still giving good chassis response. When I run on the track I use 10kg front and rear which is prefect for the track but not for the road.

Coilovers are fine for the road as long as you have the correct spring and bound rates. You have to imagine that no shockabsorber/spring can do both as the surface is totally different, for e.g you wont have huge variations in elevation on a track so you can run completely different rates to that of a normal road & vice versa. For everyday I would suggest 4kg front and rear is more than enough for UK roads, if you want a happy medium then the Koni yellow adjustables and matched Starlet eibach springs have great results, I'm unsure if there still available but I ran these on my old SR converted to 4efte with good results.

Kind Regards,

Toby

i dont have a clue?? they screw into each other thats all i can gather, and as i still cant get any of the wheels off im stumped

il take more photos when i can get my cam working

i thought of spanner after clicking the post button, then forgot to re-visit....

i think there are several names for em to be honest, the japs certainly vary what they call them :)

whatever they are, its what you'll need anywho. they SHOULD all be pretty generic but best to get a few and try em out.

• 2 weeks later...
do tein make just lowering springs ?

also does anyone know anything about rsr brand of lowering springs?

tein make springs yes.

rsr make springs yes, they lower by about 25mm, good springs but nowhere near as low as yours is at the mo (plus neither the tein springs or rsr springs are for coilovers, unless you buy the tein coilover springs from another set of coilovers specifically).