Updated with latest dyno results (570hp)The Drag Slag

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600 miles done on the run in, gearbox oil has now been changed and upgraded to the high grade stuff, engine oil has had a few changes but still running mineral for now.

Was down at Billybobs house today changing oils and let him take it out for a spin. Here's a vid he recorded.

I'll get some more videos up as the interesting things happen.

• 2 weeks later...

An attempt at doing the Super Unleaded map was unsuccesful, managed about 4 pulls at 0.65bar then the car suddenly cut out, the ECU was no longer reading the trigger sensor signals, some investigation seems to suggest that the trigger sensor has gone faulty.

Bit dissapointing but at the same time quite exciting.

The car managed on a very rich setting and with no timing being advanced from the safe starting point selected by ECC still managed to make 272hp @0.65bar!

So if thats anything to go by, I'm now quite excited about what she'll do up near 2.5bar on methanol.

I'll keep yas posted.

amazing build a real eye opener for my future plans when i win the lottery lol,

Are you going to be at the 2011 jap show finale?

There's talk of heading over to the JapShow final. Not 100% yet though.

Cars fixed again, the trigger wheel expanded on the high rpm run and hit the sensor. New sensor on and she fired right up.

Looks mental mate. What compression ratio did you end up running? Something high for the methanol?

Also, why didnt you go auto? If yours going all out drag than nothing beats a well sorted auto/line locker.

Now get back, fill in with meth and take off the wastegate lines :)

Had a fun day down at ECC today, got her mapped on Super Unleaded and a little bit of the methanol map done.

I've no charts at the moment, just a very poor quality video of a pull while running Methanol.

I'll try and get some dyno charts at some stage.

1.8bar on Super Unleaded made 402hp (ran out of fuel so just left her at that)

1.3bar on Methanol made 414hp.

Not used nitrous yet on any runs as it's early days and still learning a few things about running the methanol but its looking promising.

Video of 1.3bar on methanol (rubbish quality)

The car will be running 2.2-2.5bar when fully mapped with nitrous on top, providing the clutch and such allows it.

@Harry - Compression ratio had alot of thought put into it, with methanol it's not unusual to run 11.5:1 and still run 3 bar boost. I decided for 9.5, however the final figure was a little lower. I wanted to keep her manual cause I reckon its more fun to drive plus a manual setup was easier to sort out.

Lol the video was on a very ancient Nokia, only thing I had to hand, will get some better quality stuff when the really serious mapping starts.

I'm only after a figure in the 500hp area but the car is passing my predictions, reckon it will clear 500hp without nitrous so prob settle for in around 550hp but I'd think the clutch will have something to say about that.

i had heard about these new fuel lines in work (i work with a certain Mr Kyle who i am sure u know pretty well lol) but i never imagined they'd be THAT big dude!!!!!

heading to straightliners in Sept or is that a silly question lol??

Phil.

Aye Colin was down at ECC on Saturday, he hung around and watched some of the mapping. It'll be out at Straightliners for some fun, wanna get into the 11s over here before I go for a 10 at the Pod.

What clutch setup you gone for dude? You not using a twin plate of some kind??

Still using a stage 5 competition clutch, so far so good but I don't expect it to last. Being a 5E there are no twin plates available that I know of, been looking at the OSGeiken twin plates but would need to have it altered to fit the 5E.

Contact os giken mate, they where exactly who had in mind tbh, and im sure they will do a 5e fly for you if they dont alreadt make one as i know their range is alot lot bigger than people think bud, a redrilled 4e fly at the power your looking at would always be a concern in the back of my mind if it was my engine. But defo defo drop them a line as they are a fantastic buch! :)

Contact os giken mate, they where exactly who had in mind tbh, and im sure they will do a 5e fly for you if they dont alreadt make one as i know their range is alot lot bigger than people think bud, a redrilled 4e fly at the power your looking at would always be a concern in the back of my mind if it was my engine. But defo defo drop them a line as they are a fantastic buch! :)

I must drop them an email and see what they have to offer.