Had a good luck round this at MFN on Sunday buddy, was trying to find you but dont know what you look like :lol:

Looked great dude!

Hahaa yeah I seen your car, but no one was around! Soo clean man!

Will catch up with you at JapFest

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Jamie an what Liam said!!!

John

Cheers John!

Nice.

You will no Jamie when u see him as he doesn't look old enough to drive...... :p

I'm only 14...

Haha, I'm sure I'll see you all Saturday morning nice and early!

Finally got round to fitting my 'Indiglow' dials, great improvement over the old clocks, half the bulbs had gone too so needed to do something!

Here's the old:

16473972.jpg

and here's the new:

4b5cda52.jpg

3f464231.jpg

On the Friday night before JapFest, I got my mate (Big thanks to Lee, and his boss for letting us stay late) to set the camber, followed by the tracking.

I ended up with 1.4neg camber, and the MeisterR's set nearly to there max dampening setting. Handling has improved greatly, would like it slightly stiffer but hey!

Full tank of VPower and left her in the garage ready for the 3am start to JapFest

3381da39.jpg

Few shots from JapFest

7cb17887.jpg

92f205c4.jpg

e66fb530.jpg

Few Track shots, thanks to Rob Bower!

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0802-1.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

They were all from the first session, once I was pulling back to the pits I could tell the car had developed a blow, so after further inspection I found that my manifold had cracked, the Ext. Wastegate had nearly fell off :(

So obviously this meant I couldn't do my next session, which I was looking forward to as it was in a higher class.

Sunday, got the mani off:

Ouch!

cb671884.jpg

6a92ae24.jpg

658788b8.jpg

a6dcd327.jpg

The crack goes most of the way around, had to wrap everything in heat wrap and crawl 130miles home.

So here's how the car is left at present:

b318875c.jpg

Such a shame mate on the manifold. Got to say i love ya car was watching it on track looked like it went well and had a good look round your car on the stand shame i didnt get to put a face to the you next time i will have a chat. Hope you get it sorted soon

can you not get him to repair it? surely it comes with some kind of warranty?

Our manifolds are indeed covered by warranty. But if you look at the horrible welding on there its actually being repaired by somebody else before. High EGT's will be the cause of the failure and the TD04 just isn't big enough to run that power reliably on track.

The above said, I offered Jamie a deal on one of our new manifolds.

Ah that's shit mate mine didn't even make it to japfest lol

After all that! What happened?

Looked and sounded awesome on track dude! Sounded as though you was struggling for traction though??

Shame about the manifold dude :( hope you get it sorted.

Yeah I was struggling, was going to run 1.2bar in the next session I had booked, but obviously I couldn't.

Such a shame mate on the manifold. Got to say i love ya car was watching it on track looked like it went well and had a good look round your car on the stand shame i didnt get to put a face to the you next time i will have a chat. Hope you get it sorted soon

Cheers man! Yeah I'm sure we'll bump into each other soon :)

Track pics look mint, doesnt seem to be much body roll on it in the photos!

Yeah they look awesome, cheers to Rob!

can you not get him to repair it? surely it comes with some kind of warranty?

It did have warranty, but when it cracked last time (Just normal road use), I was just pissed off with it and got it welded up. So that's void now.

Oh, and my screamer pipe fell in half.

Ah that's shit mate mine didn't even make it to japfest lol

Yeah I heard/seen! Not good man, you got it sorted now?

Edited by Jamie1st

Decided I wasn't a fan of the window tints so set about removing them, they all came out pretty effortlessly which I wasn't expecting!

Hard to tell on the pictures with the lighting in the unit, will get some better pics when its got the manifold etc back on..

ab649f03.jpg

79d94c7f.jpg

40c354e1.jpg

7716894b.jpg

Ive also started to remove the sound deadening, ready for the planned re-spray.

c64dec97.jpg

Got the spare wheel sound deadening out, and the piece above the backbox and still got the front to do. Effort!!

Any way, I'm off to Turkey for the week tonight, so that's as much as I'm doing!

Lookin Good Jamie!

Hope you get these niggles sorted!

Sound Deadening is piss! Scraper and crack it with a hammer just cracks off!

Cheers man!

Yeah it's not too bad, but it doesn't want to crack in the front like it did the rear lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I quite like the orange cage! A fresh coat of black or.a.colour close to whats already there would look smart!

John

Yeah think Ive got a few ideas, just along way before I'll spend money on getting things sprayed.

Nice build mate :-)

Cheers man :)

Had this turn up the other day from Got.Boost,

Cusco Carbon Fibre rear strut brace, can't believe how light they are!

14d14295.jpg

12d2e822.jpg

Also had my manifold welded up, and this time braced. And had the screamer pipe extended from where it had broke off before going down the by-pass!

I'll get some pics up when I've got some!

Awesome build feller i just removed every bit of sound dreading in my v ohh my god!! I was ready to die after took me 1 and a half days lol

Cheers man!

Yeah Ive still got the passenger side sound-deadening to remove. Gave up at the mo lol