Brake Issue - pulling/fade

Hi everyone!

Got a new issue with the Starlet.(ep91) Noticed my car was badly pulling when braking on the M6 last weekend. Took it to my Local garage and after 15 minutes of looking at the brakes he informed me that I have flash fried my front left disk. Basically the calliper became stuck and forced the pads on the left side onto the disk. During driving this of course was producing some serious amount of heat so friction coefficient was zero, hence why the car was pulling.

I was also informed that I am looking around £500 for a repair, which includes a new calliper on the left side with new pads and disks on both.

The Starlet is on 93,000 and just passed its MOT three weeks ago. I do not want to spend that amount of money as I getting rid of the trouble free (well nearly) starlet soon.

Anyone got any ideas?

where ever you have taken it they are totaly skinning you,

the sliding pins siezing is whats caused the brake problem,

flash fried? the dudes talking out of his ass and blatantly trying to pull the wool over your eyes,

shouldent cost more than 150-200 at the most if y our getting someone to repair it for you with recondiditoned parts,

you could get it down to a fraction of that if you were to do the work yourself

@phil,, the earlier 96 model ep91s had smaller solid discs and calipers than what your on about,

very easy, take wheels off - then undo the caliper retainer and the caliper itself, clamp the brake lines and disconnect from calliper - remove disc put new ones on, reverse steps for removing brakes