Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

Well as most of you know i broke my cruise kitted v for parts.

DSCF0430.jpg

2011-04-25_16-28-19_531.jpg

tbh i missed starlets the second mine was un-drivable! I couldnt get another ep9* shape as tbh (no offence to anyone) but imo no ep9* would look as good as mine did. So ep8* it was but an 82 gt just didnt excite me so i decided if i was changing shape i wanted to change transmition drive to so settled on an ep85.

Started looking and got around 4-5 agents on the look but tbh 85's are a hard find compared to the 95 so when i put a funny coment on bigmans thread about how he should sell me his and i recived a pm well, lol few txts, agreed price, half down as a deposit so he could look for his new ride then yesterday a 1 1/2 hour flight to bigmans gaff in scotland and i had myself an ep85!!!

Was a sweet drive back, had a hairy moment in the rain with a tad of oversteer and a bit to much speed on a higland road and a bit of fun in the early hours in a service station carpark wit a tad of power sliding haha. Basicaly im in love with it! I've already got plans in my head :rolleyes: had a smooth but long ride home and had a brush with the law at 5am when we where i shit you not 20m from my front door haha, they just wanted to know why 3 lads looking shifty where driving about at 5am lol we had a good chat explained what we had been up to and had a joke about energy drinks (the cops where on till 7am and by 5 where on the redbull lol) then they sent us on our way and less than 1min later i was in bed after an amazing fly/road trip!

watch this space!!!

starlet_ep85_s.jpg

(pic borrowed from bigmans thread, taken by geo)

Edited by shorty
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well still got a full forged engine, vf24 turbo kit, custom fmic kit, and civic alloy rad sat in turbogrant's workshop so maybe a 4wd 300+ sleeper or tbh quite tempted to ram a 4age blacktop in it haha

well still got a full forged engine, vf24 turbo kit, custom fmic kit, and civic alloy rad sat in turbogrant's workshop so maybe a 4wd 300+ sleeper or tbh quite tempted to ram a 4age blacktop in it haha

O a blacktop 20v on throttle bodies would sound awesome at about 8000rpm :rolleyes:

cheers dude will defo be interesting :( and bigman you can defo have a spin when shes a turbo'd beast :p

good lad just remember that :rolleyes:

how come you sold it so soon bigman? :D

couldnt afford to fuel it to be honest mate, price of v-power aswell as the motorway miles i was doing just couldnt afford to run it plus mod it and give it the loving it needed! but got a great price for it so got myself a civic

its gone to a good home mind and i agree on the motorway they drink like fook! 75mph @ 4.5krpm! give or take, is nuts. luckily i have acsess to a spare fwd box so ill be pinching the 5th gear and poping it into mine just to make it drivale on motorways tbh :rolleyes:

its gone to a good home mind and i agree on the motorway they drink like fook! 75mph @ 4.5krpm! give or take, is nuts. luckily i have acsess to a spare fwd box so ill be pinching the 5th gear and poping it into mine just to make it drivale on motorways tbh :(

yeah i couldnt afford to get that done lol

feel free to use pictures from my thread mate ;)

Cheers for the coments guys, im thing ill prob chuck the forged lump in but may swap the vf24 for a td04 or td05 as the vf is a bit laggy tbh want response because the 4wd handles wicked :) just needs coil overs n more grunt.

dont go changing the vf24 remember your gear ratios are well lower than in the v. so when that 24 comes on boost it will be one of them terminator moments. (SEE YOU LATER BABY)

well chuffed you found your self a ep82 look alike lol ha ha. keep in touch mate for fook sake dont go 4age 20v PLEASE

Cheers for the coments guys, im thing ill prob chuck the forged lump in but may swap the vf24 for a td04 or td05 as the vf is a bit laggy tbh want response because the 4wd handles wicked :p just needs coil overs n more grunt.

should be mint mate, try get a turbo that aint as laggy since with a turbo engine you will be going up the gears alot faster than normal!

I need a ride in this :)

get him to take you in it as a n/a show you what a proper n/a engine can do :(

They are alot different to the way the fwd handels. I've got my old white dezent 15" alloys on now with yoko prada spec 2's so it grips awesome! Had em layin about when the sale fell through and they look quite good on there tbh. Need to get the 15" volk splitrims refurbed and them put them on though :)

@mini valver: cheers dude, quite like the ep82/85 shape :rolleyes: and yea should maybe run the vf24 before i decide, may not b as laggy with the shorter ratio's