Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

They are alot different to the way the fwd handels. I've got my old white dezent 15" alloys on now with yoko prada spec 2's so it grips awesome!

makes such a difference dont it? haha i told you so :rolleyes:

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think these handle better when they have a bit of power running through them. when mine was running ct9 setup i didnt like it at all, it didnt feel nice pushing it round bends but now its miles better. i had it pushing out of some bends the other night haha

What you running on yours now bean? Is it td04? Imm not sure if the vf24 will be to laggy but i defo want boost! I miss it, even though the na is quite nippy!

mines running a vf35 on a 5e, im only running a bar through it atm though. the best thing to do is try the turbo. everyone thinks the turbo they have is the best one anyones ever put on a starlet. just try it and see if you like it, if not try something else.

I was running it on my v for a few weeks and it was a lil laggy, im just curious as to the sgorter ratio box and if it will make the turbo more livable day to day use, as the car isnt a daily but i like to drive it when ever i get a chance rather than a purpose built track/drag car ect, and the roads by me arnt big long fast straight its a bit of a mix of town and countryside roads.

these are alot different drive to gt's glanzas. these are more fun on back roads through the corners that sort of thing than flying about on motorways, duel carriageways ect due to the short gears and your always sitting higher in the revs so no high speed runs, pulls ect.

if you already have the setup you might as well try it and see how it drives and how it suits you.

my 5e is really responsive and spools the vf35 quicker than a 4e spools a td04l so i dont need to drop gears or put my foot down to get decent boost.

fair point, cheers dude. im gonna swap over the 5th gear from the spare glanza box my mate has and mybe even the 4th gear too. i totaly agree though, 4wd starbos are serious fun on bends! i just kep looking for corners and round abouts haha!

i still dont understand the full story with swapping gears and changing final drives and stuff. you want rid of the 4wd first gear though, its mental you could climb up the side of Everest with it no bother i recon!

lolme neither, I've just posted in the thread in the discusion section to try and get it clear, need better gearing up the top end, 1st isnt that bad imo, lol I've not put boost throughfirst mind so sure when you do that it flys past first lol

lolme neither, I've just posted in the thread in the discusion section to try and get it clear, need better gearing up the top end, 1st isnt that bad imo, lol I've not put boost throughfirst mind so sure when you do that it flys past first lol

1st gear is really short on mines, im sure when its boosted its gonna be far too short.

they do handle awsome tho dont they, ive got budget tyres on mines atm and ive had a few brown pants moments but when i had the paradas on it was like it was on rails:D

does yours have a rarb? i had a look under 1 day but i cant remember if it had 1 or not.

Yep has the rear arb on it, and your right pradas grip sooo well, i always stick with yoko's now, as a mate owns a tyre shop so i get them for a price i cant refuse.

And cheers wallace, feels so good being in a starbo again. She needs a bit of work to make it as quick as the v was but it handles so well and is very light in comparison tona glanza tbh.

mines could really do with a rarb and these shit tyres are really letting it down atm but i never really get a chance to drive it in anger due to always having my son in the car. mines coming off the road next weekend to start work on it finally!

when they are all done we will have to sort out a meet/trackday for a proper 4paw tear up!

And cheers wallace, feels so good being in a starbo again. She needs a bit of work to make it as quick as the v was but it handles so well and is very light in comparison tona glanza tbh.

i honestly dont understand people saying that the 4 paws are probz heavier and bulkier due to the 4wd system. i can honestly say my ep95 feels easily as nimble as the glanza was if not more so.

and a 4 paw mega meet wud be ace lol id travel for that one for sure. might have found a way to keep mine now thank god

its not 5th gear that makes it short, its the final drive. 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th are the same as a gt. 1st is different tho, i put a gt 1st gear into mine. kept the lower gears tho, i prefer them. spuddy pulled 165mph in 5h on a gt std gearset so i think they are over-geared, but depends what you prefer.

Ah right, hence enzo uploading the final drive details in the other thread. I just need to male it a better motorway cruiser for shows ect. Its gonna be a thirsty beast when its boosted. And tbh id of expected it to be a tad hevier due to running gear but its realy not and id put money on the 85 being lighter than my v and i shed a fair bit off the v. The 85 is very nible, will never go back to a fwd starlet now. And im up for the 4paw meet. Maybe try and get a 4paw track session at fest next year :) also a 4paw corner at jae on the starlet stand would be cool :(

I've got no kids bucket but im not stripping mine, just give it more boost to compensate B) i love the full interior look. Im going proper sleeper with mine i think :thumbsup:

didnt expect you to go all out sleeper with this going by your V lol

im with you on not going back to a fwd ive drivin a few mates GT's latley and the difference the 4wd makes is insane. Mines might still be N/A but i still have more fun in mine than any of theirs

Ah right, hence enzo uploading the final drive details in the other thread. I just need to male it a better motorway cruiser for shows ect. Its gonna be a thirsty beast when its boosted. And tbh id of expected it to be a tad hevier due to running gear but its realy not and id put money on the 85 being lighter than my v and i shed a fair bit off the v. The 85 is very nible, will never go back to a fwd starlet now. And im up for the 4paw meet. Maybe try and get a 4paw track session at fest next year :) also a 4paw corner at jae on the starlet stand would be cool :(

I've got no kids bucket but im not stripping mine, just give it more boost to compensate B) i love the full interior look. Im going proper sleeper with mine i think :thumbsup:

i know what you mean, ep85 seems to feel more planted. i have some spare drivetrain bits and lifted the back axle into the garage yesterday, it weighs a ton! think more weight at the back helps the handling as a gt is very front biased.

Not much of an update atal tbh. Just a pic of how it looks atm.

2011-07-03_13-38-29_565.jpg

2011-07-03_13-38-45_624.jpg

Been a bit destracted by the car in the background lol.

2011-07-03_13-37-51_698.jpg

My mate chris's 200sx drift car lol

2011-07-03_13-38-20_425.jpg

We wher drving the white rust bucket for a while at 1bar on a gt28 but got board plus its a rust heap. But he found the solid red shell so turbogrant is seam welding it and then we will use the white one for a donor :D is gonna be a crazy car, we have alot of custom stuff to do on it yet.

2011-07-03_13-38-12_292.jpg

Will try and start cracking on with the turbo conversion soon though :D mountin goat needs boost lol