Braces, what the fook?

Allreety, i'm new to starlets, ive noticed a lot of these braces avaliable to stiffen up the shell, like the floor brace, rear lower strut brace, the braces the bolt to the seatbelt mounts, what are they for? because they look like they will do fuck all apart from empty your wallet and look ghay ;)

Allreety, i'm new to starlets, ive noticed a lot of these braces avaliable to stiffen up the shell, like the floor brace, rear lower strut brace, the braces the bolt to the seatbelt mounts, what are they for? because they look like they will do fuck all apart from empty your wallet and look ghay ;)

i think youve answered you own question

they stiffen up the shell

I've got front and rear and c-pillar on stock suspension n noticed difference straight away front under brace is good but the bumps here damaged it but it depends what area you what to strengthen. They do work, some more than others.

strut braces do work yeah, apart from the lower rear, i said that before, but like the floor bar, what does that do... as where it mounts will flex, so will do nothing, and the c pillar bar, unless its tied into the struts with an X, thats gonna do nothing as the body will flex side to side. the price of them is crazy for a bit of tube :S

I agree some braces are not designed very well due to physics so that's why there's others available like the x brace which is really good, some braces require moddification like having a 3 point rear strut on a uk spec starlet. Yes it seems expensive for certain ones but that's just because it's an EP ;)

i say we all take a drive to japland and have a firm word with all the tunning companys, and just say this

why mister jap man person with all your years of tunning experiance is all your handling upgrades shit explain yourself why would you make somthing that does nothing and put it on your demo/ track cars? why not just leave the suspension stock? did you do it for the shits&giggles of it all, that must be it as you know nothing.

ok back to real life.

if you dont like it son DONT fucking buy it. as some people might say tough titty this is the joys of jap cars things are more expensive. stop bitching about it and go have a stress relief wank.

wooah guys chill out. hes merely pointed out that alot of the braces are pointless and the toys are out the pram already.

@joel - goin by that comment it seems as if your the one who needs a bit of stress relief ;) lol

russell

people buy exhaust tips, fake carbon fibre sheet, electric superchargers, 99p chips doesnt mean they work fella.

that floor brace, its mounts are nowhere near were the load would be applied, and the c pillar bar, if you have a rear strut brace, its gonna do nothing, as the body will still flex side to side which is what you want to stop. the lower rear strut brace wont do anything as there is no void or weak/flex point (if anything is probably the strongest part of the starlet chassis) in the chassis where it mounts to so thats gonna do nothing apart from catch the floor and add weight.