Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This happened today been leaking oil so box had to Come off to see if it was sump or crank seal not sure which one it is though think I removed it just in time to save the clutch getting buggered by the oil. Never again will I try take the box out on my own what a pain in the ass lol

post-8483-0-18854900-1463408769_thumb.jp

post-8483-0-06102300-1463408806_thumb.jp

Ordered a new rear main oil seal and new seal housing should sort that issue. Also have a baffeled sump on route will put it all on at once while it's all off its having oil and filter plugs dizzy and rota arm change sort a few minor oil and coolant leaks then hopefully it stops being a c*n* for a few months and I can start doing a few track days and enjoy it :)

• 3 weeks later...

decied im going to helicoil the 2 threads that have decied to no longer do there job am i right in saying that they are m6 bolts ?

Not sure about the M6 but what i did was get some 11 mm head bolts & a tap to suit. That route is a bit simpler than the helicoil.

It happens all the time, we forget that the end bolts on the crankcase screw into aluminum (oil pump & rear crankshaft seal housings) & not steel as the rest of the block. I got 3 11mm bolts out of 4 in mine nw. :)

Not sure about the M6 but what i did was get some 11 mm head bolts & a tap to suit. That route is a bit simpler than the helicoil.

It happens all the time, we forget that the end bolts on the crankcase screw into aluminum (oil pump & rear crankshaft seal housings) & not steel as the rest of the block. I got 3 11mm bolts out of 4 in mine nw. :)

thank you for the input bud ive ordered a helicoil kit now so ill do it that way pain in the ass cars been off the road for a month already and its annoying me haha :)

So got the helicoil's fitted today that was fun. Sump resealed again. Just the box to get back in now. Change the cambelt as I'm not sure if I went a bit to deep with the drill and snagged it so changing it for piece of mind. Chuck the service bits on then I can enjoy the car for a bit.

post-8483-0-65119200-1466540647_thumb.jp

post-8483-0-73928500-1466540668_thumb.jp

• akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V