Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, maerijn said:

I would replace the brown crankshaft seal while you're at it, its probably where its leaking from

to be honest i think my crank is worn hence leaking oil. That seal was new not long ago was a slight score mark on the crank when I installed it. 

box is almost back in just need a little help lifting it in to place in the morning fill it with oil refit the other bits and cross my fingers. 

cheers nick. 

Got it all buttoned up today fitted the box but it wouldn't quite fit turns out one of the dowel's was still in the box and one was still in the engine. Box back out fight getting the dowel out the box all back together and just took it on road test home. no more knocking noise happy now can take it to jae. 

DSC_2352.thumb.JPG.22092e0e3ba8fb1591608

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018‎ ‎22‎:‎51‎:‎33, akyakapotter said:

to be honest i think my crank is worn hence leaking oil. That seal was new not long ago was a slight score mark on the crank when I installed it. 

box is almost back in just need a little help lifting it in to place in the morning fill it with oil refit the other bits and cross my fingers. 

cheers nick. 

Im sure theres like an insert of something you can get if that's your issue. cant remember exactly now though.

23 minutes ago, Bean said:

Im sure theres like an insert of something you can get if that's your issue. cant remember exactly now though.

You can get a speedy sleeve for them which i will do if my fix quick fix hasn't worked have a spare crank seal now as well will just keep an eye on things for now.  

8 minutes ago, maddox710 said:

So what was the knocking noise then nick? 

I'm not sure until i send the box off to be looked at id say a bearing has gone inside as it still woeked with out issue just sounded horrible. 

43 minutes ago, Nanglebadger said:

Wink mirror ehh?? Was curious about them a while ago for something a bit different, I shall have to have a look back through the thread for some photees!

Also, that engine bay, yum! Very clean and tidy bud!

Phil.

the wink mirror is an awesome bit of kit takes away the blind spots just cant have sunvisors which is a pain. bay came up really well tbh more to do when im off and have the time. 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:51 PM, akyakapotter said:

cheers nick. 

Try genuine toyota seals. I got bad experiance with jap products and other brands also had them in my gearbox for like 3 months they start leaking. Bought new seals at toyota, problem solved.

You can also grind the crank a little with 800 3m sandpaper that way it seals better....  Get the score mark out.

7 hours ago, Clinternational said:

Try genuine toyota seals. I got bad experiance with jap products and other brands also had them in my gearbox for like 3 months they start leaking. Bought new seals at toyota, problem solved.

You can also grind the crank a little with 800 3m sandpaper that way it seals better....  Get the score mark out.

Thanks for the info bud it had genuine toyota in there anyway along side a new brand new carrier. The seal started to leek with in about a month. I wouldn't be able to sand that scoring out it's way to deep I'll put up with it for now untill I take it all appart again and fit a speedy sleve as now have the measuments for one. 

Cheers nick.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not much going on with now spends its life sat in my garage lost the love for it. It has a few issues I need to get sorted K-sports don't work like they should not sure whats up with them get up to speed and have to put quite a bit of force to get them to do what  i want there is no air in the system it's almost like i need to press the pedal then press it again to get them to work. I have a set of rear calipers that i need to get rebuilt not confident on doing it myself so will send them off to be done. Also have an issue with the steering / power steering the steering feels heavy when it should feel light and light when it should be heavy. rear main seal is still leaking need to speedy sleeve the crank to sort that issue. will get around to it soon as i have booked a track session at japfest silverstone. need to send my gearbox with the quaife away to be rebuilt at some point. and it needs a good service suppose i should pull my finger out really.

Cheers nick  

• akyakapotter changed the title to Akyakapotter's Forged Glanza V