Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

I had no plans what so ever to change my EP82 about 4 days ago and was very happy with it, some how i woke up in a time warp and decided i needed a 28 year old car in my life lol, nearly as old as me then!!

Here it is

My 1E 1.0 Mk2 EP70 Toyota Starlet tongue.png A mint granny car!

ep70.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloke/sets/72157627453619308/

The donor car to make this thing mental (my old ep82 track car)

1.jpg

Whats left of her!

IMAG0061.jpg

The near finished product as of today 26/10/11
Except its gone from 55hp to about 280 bhp!

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

Here are the tech specs, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Taggys EP70 Mk2 Starlet, Estimated: 280bhp 1.3 bar

Current weight - 750kg
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 350bhp

Engine

Forged 5E-FTE
Mitsubishi TD04L-13G Turbo
External wastegate
Forge Motorsport Intercooler
Full custom intercooler system
Sard RRFPR
Gizzmo IBC-R Boost Controller

Emanage Blue
Race-Tech Manifold
Race-Tech Decat

Screamer pipe
Full Custom 2.5inch system, front to back with centre flexi and a stealth box at the back
Walboro 255 Pump
Meshed turbo intake
NGK custom made Blue 8.5mm Leads
NGK Iridium Plugs (Heat Range 7)
Half size Civic Alloy Radiator

Gearbox

Standard box with upgraded Quaife Helical Limited Slip Diff (LSD)

Suspension and Braking

D2 Coilovers
WMC Quad pot calipers
Huge discs smile.png
EBC Yellow Stuff Pads
Earls Braided lines.
Cusco rear strut-brace
Cusco lower arm bar

Styling and Other

Complete stock interior
ProSport Gauges, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost

AEM Wideband
15" Toyota Corolla Steel wheels

Edited by Taggy
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flippin heck :p I saw you talking about getting one but i really didn't think you would!

Your even more of a legend now, get the 82 stuffed in it and its the best sleeper ever! lol

Jason :p

Yeah its ugly and boxy, everything i want it to be for a sleeper. Never in a million years would you expect to be burned off by this thing ha ha. Turns out my car is the perfect donor car for this.

Cant wait to get it going!

Flippin heck :p I saw you talking about getting one but i really didn't think you would!

Your even more of a legend now, get the 82 stuffed in it and its the best sleeper ever! lol

Jason :p

Ha ha yes Ryan i will make a build thread this time thats not all on 1 page!!

I think I am going to finish off the this years shows in my EP82 (spent long enough building it!!), then im gonna start cracking on with the conversion end of September. Car is going to look as standard as possible, but on coilies, 4efte, wms brakes. I'll have to have a chat with Keri to see what he recomends to make them fit as i know these are 13 inch wheels, but doesnt having banded steels make more room?

Cant wait to get my hands on the little beast, any one know what the official kerb weight is on these, is it 740kg?

Ai i will as no doubt im gonna get stuck some where along the lines. :p

Looking at the Ep70 build threads it doesnt look we have got many any ep70's here in the uk running big power, I will be looking forward to this. Does anyone else on the forum from the UK run an EP70/1 on a 4efte, would be nice to pick your brain on some aspects of the conversion :p

yeah cool cool :D if you need a hand on the conversion give me a shout :p

going to do motor vehicles in college :p lol

either 650kg or 750kg, those are the weights on my plate under the hood!!! i rekon its 650 actually cause i can lift it to the top of the suspension with a little assistance from mates!!! i have spoken to an owner who lost his jack and when e got a puncture he called 4 of his mates round to lift that corner of the car off the ground and did it!!!

Ha ha brilliant, i really like what i am gonna do to this one as it will allow me to use my car more, My EP82 is amazing on track now, but its so track geared its completely ruined it on the road as its so bloody noisy/crazy/bumpy, it only likes flat roads!!

Great thing with this EP70 is that its loads lighter than my EP82 and i dont even need to strip it. I want to make it a complete sleeper so no mad coloured wheels nothing, it will look completely stock aside from being sat lower. but at the same time handle great on track and have drive-ability on the road so i can go for blasts on the weekend :p

Strangely a car i can drive more often lol! Its loads of work, but with the two cars, i have the parts to do it, so just need to get at it, Sat cant come quick enough!!!

No one anywhere has documented how to do a conversion (i have looked long and hard everywhere) so i will make one :p

either 650kg or 750kg, those are the weights on my plate under the hood!!! i rekon its 650 actually cause i can lift it to the top of the suspension with a little assistance from mates!!! i have spoken to an owner who lost his jack and when e got a puncture he called 4 of his mates round to lift that corner of the car off the ground and did it!!!