Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok

Bit of an update, nothing changed on car yet but have been getting the bits together, here is the Donor Car for my new 15" Steel 2003 Toyota Corolla wheels, you will not believe how difficult its been to find these wheels through out the UK, they are pritty rare and come up once in a blue moon! Paid a pricey sum of £165 for a set of 4 delivered (of bloody steel wheels) but at least the tyres are all new.

corolla.jpg

So these 15" steel rims will keep my sweet ride stock looking, but more importantly give me loads more grip compared to the 13" bicycle tires currently on it!

I have also sourced a full engine loom from a 92 GT to fit into my Ep70 for £40, so that should turn up next week some time.

I have got all the bits i need in my current EP82 but i want to keep my starlet driveable untill at least the track season is out, then ill strip it for the suspension and engine etc.

Good times :(

Thanks for that dude, all the help i can get is appreciated :)

Just paid for the ep82 loom so i can start wiring that in and keep my ep82 running for the time being!

loom3.jpg

loom2.jpg

loom1.jpg

Cant wait to crack on with this, i'll get all the wiring in place first then i'll change the engine out :) Car is gonna be use the cars existing loom with a mix of the ep82 loom to manage the engine and ignition.

Taggy,

Get yourself Signed up to ae86irl.com

there is a guy doing a 4efte swap on his EP70, this is the thread (you need to be a member to veiw it)

http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29187

Wheels turned up today :D Although turns out the corolla tyres are a bit too tall for the car lol, car looks like it should be in a monster truck show. Tyres are currently 195 x 60 15's, going to change them for 195 x 50 x 15's and also put the coilovers on to drop the suspension a few inches, it sits so high!

They fit though which is great :p

monstertruck.jpg

Castle combe on the 10th is most likely going to be its last outing, then I am going to break the car for the conversion. So if anyone needs anything from a GT, its up for sale, except the engine, gearbox, driveshafts and hubs.

Everything else can go on the car is going to be completely stripped for sale.

What you going to do with the Gt now then mate? Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything, free most sundays :D

uwww i think i may want something out of your GT. PM coming your way

as for the little beat i adore the little 70 series cars so this is now my "one to watch" project. i so cant wait to see this done its unreal:D top work and top idea mate. good luck with the build.

Thanks Steve, will be nice to have a car that is unique at the club meetings and also something that will be funny to watch going around the track at unreal speeds lol. I cant wait to spank those evos and see the look on their faces when this little thing fly’s past them ha ha.

Only down side is looking at the rear of the cars chassis/wishbones is the car looks fairly flimsey, i can imagine the chassis is well flexible so not so sure how quick it will be in the corners :D

Ryan: yeah thanks for the help, if you want i'll probably be taking the engine out this weekend so if you fancy getting your hands dirty

Going to start on the engine bay tonight and start disconnecting everything ready to drop the engine out on the EP70.

If anyone wants a mint condition EP70 1.0litre engine with gearbox which has had a new clutch, it will also be up for sale its done 60k.

I'll get some pics up tonight of my handy work

uwww i think i may want something out of your GT. PM coming your way

as for the little beat i adore the little 70 series cars so this is now my "one to watch" project. i so cant wait to see this done its unreal:D top work and top idea mate. good luck with the build.

Looking good mate its nice to see someone doing something different :D Also am i right in thinking that the ep82 front stabilizer bar go's onto the ep70? sure i read somewere that someone had one fitted to there ep70 could be rong though

I havent checked it yet, but i want to fit as many of the handling mods from my GT onto this as i can, as currently the EP70 handles like a boat, plus its got no antiroll bar nothing!

All on the to do list, what has made me happy though is that i have just realised i can bin the power steering pump from the engine as the EP70 has a manual steering rack. That can only mean one thing, MORE POWER! no power steering pump pulley sucking away precious horsies :D

Nice!

Looking good mate its nice to see someone doing something different :harhar: Also am i right in thinking that the ep82 front stabilizer bar go's onto the ep70? sure i read somewere that someone had one fitted to there ep70 could be rong though

id deffo look into putting front and rear anti roll bars on it as well as front and rear strut brace and coilovers.

if they dont fit off an ep82 theres surely some welding genius out there that can make you some up specially for it

I have been a busy boy today when i got home from work and have made some progress :harhar:

You are coming out today where ever you like it or not!

IMAG0081.jpg

Pics of the engine bay before I removed the engine to document where everything goes

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Everything disconnected from the engine, not much to remove really, you just need to disconnect the gearbox linkages and a load of hoses, its quite obvious what needs to be removed, just disconnect all the pipes which join the engine to the chassis.

IMAG0090.jpg

Engine mounts unbolted and the engine is lowered out the bottom

IMAG0091.jpg

da da, 3 hours later and the engine is out, not to bad for doing it on my own!

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

And there she is, engine is up for sale now from this, its mint low miles 60k and comes complete with a gearbox which is also mint. These are rare as rockin horse shit, but so are the cars so not sure how long it will take to shift, but its there all the same!

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG00961.jpg

A good days work, tomorrow I will remove everything from the engine bay that isnt required in terms of pipes and wires coil etc and then my next task is to wire in the EP82 GT wiring into the car (what a job that will be!)

I love it when a plan comes together!

Yeah the nights are getting shorter and colder from now on in so i want to crack on with it while its still warm. Havent got a garage built yet so dont fancy doing it when its freezing! Plus i want to drive the little monster!!