Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

excellent work mate!!!! jealous i want a home built 4efte or 4age!!!

and as of the 28th i will be the owner of a 1e engine!!!!! i am gonna take the carb, coil and alternator off it to get mine running well enough for now......

after that i am gonna rebuild the new 1e engine right down to the bottom end and get it looking factory fresh over the next 2 years..... during the next 12 months i am gonna be drastically overhauling the exterior of the car maybe taking it straight back to standard so its just minty fresh!!!!

hopefully the rebuilt engine and body will make for a perfectly clean car!!!!!!

The wind has smashed up my shelter :D, when it was really windy the other night i left it out and it got battered, bent loads of poles and ripped it to shit, im bloody gutted, spent loads on that!! My fault for leaving it out when i knew a storm was coming, doh!

Yeah the engine mounts are the same, i think i need to swap over the engine mount on the 1e engine on the gearbox but it looks like it will go straight in (touch wood!)

I am just waiting on some help to drag over the engine, i think its must be about 100kg+ that thing with the gearbox on!

In the mean time i have cleared any crap i dont need in the engine bay, old exhaust etc to make way for it. I also started working on the suspension and the rest of it today to get it ready to go on.

Here is a bit of todays evening handy work.

Been told i need to change this 1E engine mount to the 4E gearbox, will see when i line it up.

IMAG0152.jpg

Big brakes and D2 coilovers fit a treat :ph34r: (I had to drill the suspension holes a few mm to get it to fit

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

EP70 now sits on coilovers :(

The ride height has been transformed

IMAG0155.jpg

Brief video overview of what i have done today and how its gonna go together, its all looking pritty good, i was supprised i could just fit the brakes and hubs straight on without any mods, even the track rod ends fitted perfect B)

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 7: EP70 Coilovers fitment

http://youtu.be/0Cg8KNxQTX4

Nice one Keri, thought it would be better doing a video build with it too, makes it more interesting to follow. Just noticed its been 20 days since i started this build, its flying along, I am off to Ibiza for 2 weeks Sat, so in the very least i want the engine in on the mounts before i go away, even if it is bloody raining!!

I'm loving this build!! :ph34r:

I couldnt let the day come to an end without at least getting the engine in the bay ha ha

IMAG0156.jpg

The 4E-FTE having a sniff of the ep70 mounts lol

IMAG0157.jpg

Ran out of time today as it was getting dark, need to remove the passenger side wheel, brakes, hub etc, then i can lower the car down onto the floor and jack up the engine onto the mounts. Was to much hassle to go rent an engine crane :ph34r:

Boy is this a tighter fit than the ep82!

Just in from work, hmmmm what shall i do errrr more car work lol, tonight im gonna get the passenger standard suspension off, discs, hubs so i can get the car on the deck with both front wheels off so i can attempt to jack up the engine to the mounts.

See you in a couple of hours lol

OK so spent most of the evening trying to get my engine in, looks like it might need a crane :) Managed to do it without one last time but its proving to be a bit of a pig

Anyways just some updates on the build

Found out the definitive answer on the engine mounts on the ep82 and the ep70, i knew one of them didn't fit, just wasn't sure which one!

it is the REAR engine mount which is different, looks similar to the eye, but it actually points in a slightly different direction. You need to fit the ep70 engine mount onto your gearbox

IMAG0159.jpg

The black one is the EP70 rear engine mount which you need to transfer onto your 4e-fte gearbox.

Engine lined up allot better but i just didn't have the strength to wedge it up on my own!!

IMAG0160.jpg

I'll hire a crane Friday i reckon and get the bloody thing in!

Here is a video on those all important engine mounts!!

EP70 (boxy starlet) 4EFTE Turbo conversion part 7: EP70 Coilovers fitment

http://youtu.be/CLMQjP-tuDs

Poor baby i am gonna have to leave you for 2 weeks unfinished while i go away to Ibiza!!

Off to the isle this Sat for my honey moon lol :) bit of mad partying then chill out for a week, gutted i cant crack on with the car though, it better not be snowing when i get back!

I have still yet to fit the engine in yet, but yes it looks like both left and right engine mounts are the same as the ep82´s and just the rear engine mount needs to swapped to the ep70.

I wont know 100% until i put it back in properly with the crane when i get home, but fingers crossed! I am thinking now about upgrading the engine mounts while its out!

Where can i get them from, i dont like buying stuff off ebay as its mostly copies and crap, where is best to get them?

Id recomend it mate. The powerflex engine bushes made a masive noticable difference on my V! Highly recomend it mate.

FINALLY got the engine in on the mounts, had to hire a crane from HSS and its taken all day to fit as it was a complete pain in the ass.

The engine does fit, but its not a straight swap as I had planned. With a load of twisting and using a bar to pry it in I finally got the left and right hand side engine bolts in, was a bloody nightmare.

However although the rear mount sits in position correctly, its about 2-3cms to far back to get the bolt in, I am gonna have to drill a new bolt hole in the mount so i can get it on.

Thats a right pain in my ass, but at least the engine is in :thumbsup: