Took my ep82 in today for a major service / cambelt and fmic fitted. Just got a call saying that now he's changed the oil ect the engines knocking and basically fooked :) he says I wouldnt have noticed before because it can get use to driving on old oil. Just seems strange because before I took it in it idled perfect and there was no knocks or smoke. Could this happen? The engines only done 102 KMH. Any advice please?

Sounds to me like they have filled it up without filling the oil filter up first and also not takeing the king lead off and crank it over a few times to get the oil pressure up !!!! i would play fuck mate and ask for them to fix it!!! it was ok befor it when in for a survice!!!

yes this can happen, there was an example in the work recently and astra g coupe came in with 68000 miles, the boy had never changed the oil in the whole entire life of the car and when we emptied it it came out like treakle, needless to say it was inevitable what would happen when we put fresh oil in it started knocking its tits in striaght away,

when was the last time you changed the oil? also whats your mods list,

they might be trying to hide something

yes this can happen, there was an example in the work recently and astra g coupe came in with 68000 miles, the boy had never changed the oil in the whole entire life of the car and when we emptied it it came out like treakle, needless to say it was inevitable what would happen when we put fresh oil in it started knocking its tits in striaght away,

when was the last time you changed the oil? also whats your mods list,

they might be trying to hide something

cheers, I bought the car 2 years ago, after the first year I changed the oil myself, its only covered about 3000miles since Ive owned it. Its got the ct9b turbo and uprated manifold, exhaust system and de-cat, other than that its standard. sigh :) anyone know of any engines going?

yeah does abit :) Does suck as im preety skint now! Just to weigh up all my options what would be the most cost effective way of sorting it, should I get the engine stripped down and check what the issue is and if its repairable or just buy a different engine?

if you can prove they have been driving it get them to pay for it

I cant really, its a crap situation as the guy who did it is my bro's mate. He has a proper garage that only really works on modded cars ect so I didnt think he'd be raggin it about.He's done loads of work for my bro and weve never had any probs so it could be one of those things, just very hard to prove really. Im going over later to see what he'd actually done prior to what happened. It could be a case of the engine really as it looks like guy I bought it from before hand had bodged alot up which I wasnt aware of.

Stripped down the engine yesterday to see what the damage was and found one of the conrods had bent! Is this something that would happen gradually or would it happen at the time of its cause? The garage told me that running new oil would have highlighted the problem but it drove there perfect, would I have noticed it whilst driving to there if it had happened while I had it? Cheers for any input.

25juq2p.jpg

Nah I never take it near redline lol and its been looked after well whilst Ive had it so thought it seemed abit wierd! The shells look ok, no scortching or marks but im taking them down to a local garage to see if they played a part towards it. I know the guy took the car out after he fitted the intercooler. Probs happened then :/

That is recent dude you would have noticed well before now if it happened when your cooler was fitted

Yeah he fitted the cooler last week when it went in for the service I ment. Owell, never taken an engine out or stripped one before so its helped me learn I guess. Probs would have been cheaper ways tho :)