Show us your engine bay!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

excuse my stupid question but what are the black braces on the struts? just extra braces for the sake of it?

Sorry for the delay in reply, Ive only just noticed this. They run from inside the car thru the firewall to the struts, then from the struts down to the front of the chassis legs. There's crush tubes thru the chassis legs thru which its bolted and from the underside there is another bar that runs from side to side. Basically a front end cage. It locks the whole front end together for extra rigidity. I've run it without and it does seem to make a difference with the handling and power to ground. Ive also tagged the engine mount to the bar for a bit of extra strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dude. Definitely not the tidiest or neatest compared so some of the awesome engine bays shown here, but its unique i guess

That has to be one of my fave cars on here- awesome shock under the bonnet!

Some lovely bays- Jack it's looking really good and jealous I never got that far

It's hard not to though when I now realise I could've kept it. Yeh I really want to start on the bay but have to sort the ha doing and braking before anything else and might get the front bumper painted too before starting properly on the engine bay. Although if a Corolla inlet comes up I'd have it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...