Show us your engine bay!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely Bussey,

what figures are you making at the minute?

How you finding the turbo?

Phil

Thanks mate :)

323bhp at the moment, 1 bar at 4600rpm and rev limit at 7500rpm so it has a very useable powerband. Defiantly taken some getting used to though haha.

She's off the road for a while now, as I sort a few things out, diffrent inlet, diffrent intercooler route, mapping etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm so happy with the power at the moment, but you always have to chase somthing more :lol:

How difficult is the 4age conversion. And is it worth it?

Definitely not straight forward, i did a bit of a write up in the alternative engine discussion thread.

For it being worth it, yes and no, its a great engine and reasonable power, very suited for my local roads and driving style, plus the sound from the throttles :D and in an ep70-80 it would be even better as more weight saving.

However with the price of the 2zzge and K20 coming down and the lighter weight of the all alloy blocks you get more power and weight savings so i would be tempted to opt for one of them instead.

Definitely not straight forward, i did a bit of a write up in the alternative engine discussion thread.

For it being worth it, yes and no, its a great engine and reasonable power, very suited for my local roads and driving style, plus the sound from the throttles :D and in an ep70-80 it would be even better as more weight saving.

However with the price of the 2zzge and K20 coming down and the lighter weight of the all alloy blocks you get more power and weight savings so i would be tempted to opt for one of them instead.

Thanks for the input dude really helps although the thought of my little gi running anything other then the E engines upsets me a little bit :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing much has changed since last time I posted it in here but the photography skills have... got worse? :)

Sorry, photos were taken with my phone and a little fish eye lens so are epically shit.

20151106_180135as.jpg

Yeah yeah i know its dirty, will clean it one day

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing much has changed since last time I posted it in here but the photography skills have... got worse? :)

Sorry, photos were taken with my phone and a little fish eye lens so are epically shit.

20151106_180135as.jpg

Yeah yeah i know its dirty, will clean it one day

excuse my stupid question but what are the black braces on the struts? just extra braces for the sake of it?