fitting glanza inlet and TB to n/a

just thought id throw up a little guide on how to fit the glanza TB to the n/a so that people can do it themselves :rolleyes:

firstly you will need:

-manual glanza TB (this will have the 3 pin TPS sensor)

-FTE inlet manifold with everything still intact

-some screw or bolts

-3mm hose

-6mm hose

-8mm hose

-6mm hose connector

-inlet manifold to TB gasket or a tube of instant gasket

-14mm spanner

-14mm socket

-12mm socket

-extension bars

-wrachet

-phillips head and flat head screwdriver

-lots of spring clips or small jubilee clips

-stanley blade

-fine wet and dry

-rag

firstly start off by checking wether you have the 3 pin TPS glanza TB like this one

tps4.jpg

IMPORTANT! it is important you do this otherwise the car will not start. take the 2 screws out of the TPS, pull it slightly away from the TB so the rod is still inside the tps box, and then turn the black box a full 360 degrees clock wise if your looking at it square on from what would be the back of the TB if it was on the car, then put the 2 screws back into place

like so, when the TB is off the car and infront of you, looking at it from this position, take the screws from above and below (circled in red) do not pull the box off the tb and rotate 360 degrees clockwise, and put the screws back in.

tps1.jpg

clean the face of the TB and inside around the flap so that when you turn it towards the sunlight, you can just about see light around the edge of the flap when its closed, if this is blocked up it can lead to idle problems so clean it up while its off :) and cleaning the face will help get a better airtight seal.

TBinlet8.jpg

TBinlet7.jpg

next is to start blocking off the piping that isnt needed. firstly start off with this pipe on top of the TB

TBinlet9.jpg

then we move onto the inlet manifold which needs a few pipes blocking off.

alot of people pull this bung off, but it then reveals a nice big hole :o so leave this grey bung on

TBinlet1.jpg

then there is a pipe on the front that needs to be blocked off (yellow silicone pipe)

also leave the little sensor plug on the front screwed in otherwise there will be another big hole behind it

TBinlet11.jpg

next the back of the inlet needs to be blocked off

just this 1 on the back

TBinlet12.jpg

there is a light green plug on the front of the na TB that needs to remain plugged in. it will be located here on the front of the n/a TB. although it has already been removed from this one. its best to just unscrew it from the n/a TB and cable tie it up somewhere inside the bay

296586_231996463517628_100001218289355_729845_1588478006_n.jpg

now the TB and inlet are ready to go onto the car :p

this is where the most technical part come in to it, because if you get it wrong you'll pump water into the engine instead of air, which is no good :p i have CIRCLED THE 2 WATER PIPES you will know which 2 silicone pipes are the water pipes because there will be water coming out of them/wet ends

TBinlet10.jpg

the other 2 pipes are for air which i have circled in GREEN and these are important to get the right way around because your steering will go light at high speeds if they are wrong, but it is pretty easy to work out. this is were the connector comes into play because you will need to extend the hose that goes to the top of air hose so that it doesnt kink

TBinlet10.jpg

it should look something like this all back on the car

picture023w.jpg

dont forget to also re-connect the earth on the back of the inlet other wise something could get shorted and it wont run tidy

now that its all on the car and pipes connected and bolted up and plugged in, its time to undo do the battery for 30+ seconds to reset the ecu. then connect the battery up and start the car :) you may need to set the idle using the screw in the top of the TB.

if the emu light comes on, then loosen the screws on the TPS and turn it ever so slighty either direction, screw it back up, then disconnect the battery, every time you alter the TPS make sure to disconnect the battery

now you should be ready for T-tech :)

ENJOY

any questions pop them in this thread

you can remove the glanza icv "grey bung" and tap the hole and put a bolt in it

i know, but its a bit awkward mid fitting to have to get it tapped if you've already removed the old mani, you can get all the holes filled in if you fancy, but some people may want to use theres in future for a conversion as i did

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The TPS i have it literally just a switch inside, a make or break contact inside. Touches one side of the contacts when throttle is off, touches other side of contacts when throttle is at 3/4 to fully on.

Edited by Haresign

Just looked mate and the bit which goes into the TPS is a solid bar from the throttle bit with the spring( bit at the front) to the butterfly inside out the other end which goes into the TPS. There is no way to turn the 360 degrees. Do we have different throttle bodies here? Mines off a glanza

i think it just adjusts the tps to go with the n/a ecu

There is no way to adjust a Glanza TPS for use with a EP91 N/A ecu.

The GT/Glanza TPS is a switch type TPS (on-off-on) and the EP91 N/A one is a variable resistance type. They are not interchangeable, how Ryan got his to work I will never know. If you connect a switch type TPS to a ECU that needs a variable type it will at best run like a bag of bolts and at worst damage the ECU!

Even if it was possible I see no reason what so ever to turn a TPS or the shaft 360Deg.

Gavin

well it worked using this method, and im not the only person on here who has it done, raffaMK and redz11 also did this mod successfully using the above method.

nastyrash2003 can probably explain it alot better than me as he was the guy who talked me through doing mine, and also did redz11 and raffaMK's for them

Worked for me to :unsure: the reason you have to turn the TPS 360Deg's is because the glanza/GT TB dosent seem open enuf so there for wont start! so if you turn the TPS 360Deg it opens the flap enuf to start..But i do get your point though gavin why should you have to turn the tps at all if the ecu read it right then it should adjust the tps automatically? its because the ecu's not programed for that type of TPS and funny you should say it will run like a bag of blots i never got mine to tick over right was bobing up and down like i dont know what.