fitting glanza inlet and TB to n/a

Worked for me to :unsure: the reason you have to turn the TPS 360Deg's is because the glanza/GT TB dosent seem open enuf so there for wont start! so if you turn the TPS 360Deg it opens the flap enuf to start..But i do get your point though gavin why should you have to turn the tps at all if the ecu read it right then it should adjust the tps automatically? its because the ecu's not programed for that type of TPS and funny you should say it will run like a bag of blots i never got mine to tick over right was bobing up and down like i dont know what.

Ah, right, so, it sounds like whats being tried is adjusting the TPS beyond it's limits to force the butterfly (flap as you put it) open a little as to set idle, rendering the TPS even more useless. That's because the idle/idle up system also differs from Glanza to EP91 N/A and it's the only way to get it to idle. It's a real bad way to do it. You also loose cold start and electrical load idle up systems if using Glanza TB on EP91 N/A ECU.

But the glanza TB has a idle adjustment screw so why set the idle with the butterfly (flap)?

Gavin

Edited by enzo_e492901
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

20160413_182506_zpsvvtiliqj.jpg

My Corolla -94 4E-FE throtlebody is nearly identical with 4E-FTE tb, only TPS sensor plug system was different, only changed that, bolt on to axle. Should be work, not tested yet, don't see any problems with this. Mechanically both works same way...

20160413_175932_zpsz783hhop.jpg

20160413_173834_zpsmjadizvg.jpg

And I have two different Finnish 4A-FE intakes with tb, neither wouldn't fit to two generation intake manifolds, flange was wider from cabin side, bolt pattern was same. Whic year/Gen tb have You used and what market areas?

20160413_171702_zps6cg586vs.jpg

20160426_164306_zpsglazgqdy.jpg

I have GT intake manifold, but why change that, only GT tb is needed in my case, intake flange hole is already big enough for bigger tb, no any reason/advantage for that. Don't know is Your market intakes smaller?