heaters in car wont warm up changed thermo and bleed the system and still nothing any ideas apart from heater matrix :p or anyone got any tricks to tell if its the heater matrix for sure? trying to avoid taking the whole dash out :D

cheers shaun

check and see of you have any leaks, especially under the front floor mats, another thing to try is when you put the front window heaters on does it steam up and leave's it cloudy for a long time? as thats the symptoms of heater matrix, also when your car is warmed up to temp check the rad pipes and see if there warm

had a damp pass foot well awhile ago but think it mighta been something split as i havent had to put had to top up coolant at all since ive had car rad hoses get up to temp fine and i have an aftermarket temp gauge which seems no show no issues with under the bonnet temps

• 1 month later...

just out at my car and noticed my passanger footwels totaly soaked :) i take it that means the matrix is well and truely shafted? i was sujested by a local garage to stick 1 of those bottles of rad weld liquids in to the water system to see if that might stop the leak but ive always been told never to touch them any input?

heater matrix 100%

if your getting wet feet, its failed... and its a dash out jobbie to change it...

9/10 there just blocked... they get clogged up with shit so easily... take both the water hoses off at the back of the engine bay. jubliee a hose pipe onto one end and turn tap on... you'll see all sorts of SHIT come out other side (take other hose off or it goes in ya engine)...

Some people have had to fill it with water and put some cleaning solutions in there to get rid of the shit/grim which is another option...

Good Luck!

Mine was blocked all of winter last year, bad times! I just put a hose on the EXIT side of the heater matrix on the bulkhead in the enginebay to flush it BACK through and loads of gunky yellow shit came out :). Worked spot on after that!

ha good luck if it's the heater matrix cause i spent a good 3-4 hours taking the dash and everything around there out and in(Ive never done this before on any car) and i swear to god i will not ever be doing it again..It's still a bloody torture trying to get the heater matrix out when the dash is out sohonestly good luck to anyone seriously!!!!!!!!!!!

defo heater matrix, two years ago i was running an auto glanza and the same thing happened to me just at the start of winter,

was totaly shit.,

as a temp fix just looped the hot water that comes from the engine so it goes back into the engine but you wont have any hot air coming into the car,

i have a reconditioned core for the climate control type v,

and have got the whole process of changing down to about 3-4 hours if your needing help let me know as ive had dashes in and out enough times to get the job done fairly quick.

defo heater matrix, two years ago i was running an auto glanza and the same thing happened to me just at the start of winter,

was totaly shit.,

as a temp fix just looped the hot water that comes from the engine so it goes back into the engine but you wont have any hot air coming into the car,

i have a reconditioned core for the climate control type v,

and have got the whole process of changing down to about 3-4 hours if your needing help let me know as ive had dashes in and out enough times to get the job done fairly quick.

i might have to take u up on that cars being a nightmare steaming up. does the climate control v use the same core as the non climate?