EP82 Centre console gauge pod

few people have asked me how i made this since i posted a pic in the gauge thread so thought i'd post some pics i took while making it was pretty simple considering i'd never used fibre glass sheeting before. list of things needed are basically below

* fibre glass sheeting pack from halfrauds

*filler

* basic tools and patience lol

IMAG0068.jpg

so basically i cut out the vents in the centre console and wrapped my gauges in some cling film. i then took the fibre glass sheeting and wrapped a piece around the gauge and covered with the resin and let that dry took about ten mins. after doing three of these i had the mold of the three gauges and set about setting those into the console like i wanted. I made it so the gauges are slightly slanted towards the driver.

IMAG0069.jpg

literally is a step of building it up layer by layer until you get what you want.

IMAG0070.jpg

just kept checking the gauges would fit well and i hadnt put too much fibre glass in the wrong places. hardest part i found was between the gauges as its quite awkward to get in there and keep it kind of neat.

IMAG0077.jpg

then it was just a case of putting a skim of filler on to smooth it all out didn't want to use too much as i didn't want it cracking most time consuming part was sanding all the filler back and trying to get a smooth surface.

i then opted to use a self flocking kit my mate had lying about instead of trying to paint it and although its a bit patchy its alot better than what i was expecting it to turn out like lol

248182_10150187894241946_525206945_7398396_2459096_n.jpg