• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my postlady as she brought this today :D

Sard FPR

DSCN2278.jpg

DSCN2280.jpg

Also the Gauge too :)

DSCN2279.jpg

Not much more i have to buy now untill im all sorted, just need to find a 90 Degrees silicone hose to join my TD04 and intercooler pipe together, few vacuum pipes, coolant and some power steering fluid :D

Well ive been busy today trying to get things sorted :) Got the engine attatch to the crane, even tho it took me an hour to set it all up (i.e add oil etc because its pretty much had it) DSCN2283.jpg Attatched the flywheel, torqued it up to manufacturers spec and clutch assembly also DSCN2282.jpg Starlet Book (clutch torque settings etc) DSCN2284.jpg Aligned the clutch DSCN2287.jpg Cleaned my old rocker cover up and then started to spray DSCN2291.jpg Etch Grey primer DSCN2292.jpgDSCN2293.jpg Chilli Orange- Gu1 (Corsa Nurburgring VXR) DSCN2293.jpgDSCN2295.jpg Thought it was too much so went for something different.. DSCN2297.jpgDSCN2298.jpg Ford Sea Grey + Clear Lacquer DSCN2299.jpgDSCN2300.jpgDSCN2301.jpgDSCN2302.jpgDSCN2303.jpg Unsure if i like it yet but i will see what it looks like on the engine when its in :) Fitted my Braided hoses DSCN2296.jpg And i bought some Orange rocker cover nuts and some smaller ones just to smarten some things up a bit. Waiting for my fuel rail adapter so i can fit my FPR, Heat wrap + steel ties to wrap my manifold, decat and screamer and 15 orange washers to smarten up the engine bay. Still need to buy a 70mm-50mm reducer 90 degree's white silicone hose for my turbo/intercooler but cant find one in white :(

Edited by Glanza Mac

Been a busy day today.

Received my Titanium heat wrap today through the post plus some metal tie wraps.

DSCN2308.jpg

Manifold Wrapped

DSCN2309.jpg

DSCN2310.jpg

Engine going in

DSCN2311.jpg

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2314.jpg

Engine In

DSCN2313.jpg

DSCN2315.jpg

Hmm this may take a while to put back together

DSCN2316.jpg

Fuel rail, wastegate vaccum hose in place just need to order another etc

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2321.jpg

Power steering res, pump etc connected

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2320.jpg

i do have this problem tho, this location pin on the gearbox needs to be cut and drilled out into a hole as my engine has the same location pin in the same place... ball ache as ill have to cut, drill etc but will get it done hopefully in the week and get the gearbox fitted :)

DSCN2324.jpg

Today i changed my fuel return pipe for some longer clear piping to link up to my FPR

DSCN2327.jpg

Tried to make it tidy

DSCN2328.jpg

Fuel rail adapter

DSCN2329.jpg

FPR

DSCN2330.jpg

Connected

DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

Removed everything to swap the rocker covers over

DSCN2331.jpg

Rocker cover off and its all shiney and clean

DSCN2332.jpg

Cam lobes (very shiney and dont look standard)

DSCN2333.jpg

New rocker cover on (dislike it) and orange rocker nuts

DSCN2334.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

orange nut on the other side of the dizzy

DSCN2336.jpg

All together

DSCN2339.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well ive been busy over the weekend, gearbox in, oils in, pretty much everything connected

Gearbox in, just misplaced a gearbox mount.. ooops

DSCN2350.jpg

Radiator in place

DSCN2348.jpg

My Mums Beetle helping the glanza out (didnt work as my battery dead and mums not very good either)

DSCN2349.jpg

Fpr.. bit high? (60psi)

DSCN2351.jpg

Pioneer Dvd i bought about 5 months ago that ive never tried out untill now

DSCN2354.jpg

DSCN2353.jpg

Picture of speedo to prove when the new engine went in etc :)

DSCN2355.jpg

thats all for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Engines in etc, still no spark and ive done many tests and checks so im lead to beleive its only the coil left to blame, shall be ordering one and fingers crossed :)..

Bought a few things recently..

New carbon blitz gauge + pod :)

DSCN2358.jpg

DSCN2357.jpg

Compared to old one

DSCN2360.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

Some Stickers i bought at fast show

DSCN2368.jpg

DSCN2369.jpg

And my favorite one is this one..

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2366.jpg

... i shall be moving my tax disc :)

Been very busy the weekend just gone, a friend came round to swap a few components over to see if it was them at fault on my glanza.

Changed plugs.. no spark

Changed leads.. no spark

Did a resistance check on the ignition coil as i got no spark from the king lead.. no spark

Checked dizzy and rotor arm.. no spark

Swapped ignitor.. no spark

Even swapped the ecu.. no spark

But all of the above worked on my friends glanza so my components were not at fault.

So i carried out a diagnostic fault code check and i got the follow..

Fault code

12. RPM Signal

14. Ignition Signal

22. CTS

All underlying faults with the ignition system which was obvious.

So the last resort was to do a simple thing and replace the orange anodised washer and flush allen bolt that i had bolted the ignitor with.. could maybe stop the ignitor from earthing...

Turned the key and the Glanza came to life.. IT LIVES!

so the glanza runs but came to another problem as it idles at 1750 to 2000 and pulsates which is abit annoying but im hoping it because at the time the intercooler pipes were not fitted so fingers crossed thats the problem but besides that it sounds pretty sweet :).. Happy Days :D!