• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Glanza looks sweet mate, Yes I am 100% up for getting a meet sorted, end of Feb start of March, which will give me a chance to get the car painted. Should be on the road end of this month though!

I CANT WAIT!!!!!! :yahoo:

Edited by Jamie93DLZ
  • 2 weeks later...

Some small updates.

Put the bonnet and front bumper back on. Finally had a sneaky drive tonight :yahoo:.

Didn't go far just up and down the street on my dads trade plates. The car feels super responsive! The torque it great pulls really strong and revs pick up really quickly, almost too quick.

the t1r's are being fitted tomorrow along with the new exhaust system. Once this done mot time!

• 1 month later...

Got a wee look aroind this today, great wee car and pretty well finished off. Cant wait to see a RR with those few changes man. Keep up the pace

Cheers man, did a good wee bit on this tonight. Got the fuel pressure sorted. New issues though! Running extremely rich. When throttle is opened fully a huge cloud of black smoke comes out the exhaust, the car dies and the engine management light flashes.

The PAS pump won't stop squealing and isn't working (could this be down to the anodized pulleys?)

Changed back to 4e-fe injectors to see if that helped, but didn't.

You shouldnt be revving above 3000rpm before you jave done at least 1000miles. Feel free to switch to 4efe management for now. Use as many toyota bits as you can at the minute. Put some evenky spaced white dots on the pas belt to see if its stalling. Provided its fitted right and tightened to spec..

Standard regulator and standard injectors for 1000miles I say. Pm me if u want

Cheers Noel, my neighbour was round looking at it. It wasn't even reaching 3000rpm. I think it is the TPS. I will switch back to the 4e ECU tomorrow and see what happens. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

You can run a diagnostics on it will flash up a code an then you can see what the error could be.

Case of looping a couple of pins in the diag plug and turning the ignition on and the engine light should flash a sequence

My Dad has a Snap-on Ethos kit, so I'll get it plugged into that at the weekend. It is running so rich at the moment, huge clouds of black smoke.

Pretty sure you cant plug these in mate as said above you will have to bridge the wires in the diag port under the bonnet and watch the lights flash

There is thread on here somewhere telling you how to do it and all the fault codes

Get everything back to standard chris and it will make fault finding alot easier. I suggest using gasket seal on the inlet manifold and throttlebody even if you are using new gaskets. Im blaming that throttle position switch too but could be anything really on a newly built up engine. That how to should be taken down in my opinion.

Lastly what happens when she warms up, remember when the coolant reads cold the ecu advances the timing and ups fuel until its warm.

Back to basics lad

you need to bridge Te1 and E1 in the diagnostic box near the wiper motor mate

This is exactly it just couldnt remember off the top of my head.

If no codes the engine management light will flash at evenly spaced intervals

If its showing a code it will flash for instance code 21 would show like,

Flash...flash.............flash...

Then if its only the one code it will pause briefly then repeat if theres more than one it will pause briefly then flash a different sequence

Google toyota fault codes and you should find a list of codes :)

Edited by morgey

This is exactly it just couldnt remember off the top of my head.

If no codes the engine management light will flash at evenly spaced intervals

If its showing a code it will flash for instance code 21 would show like,

Flash...flash.............flash...

Then if its only the one code it will pause briefly then repeat if theres more than one it will pause briefly then flash a different sequence

Google toyota fault codes and you should find a list of codes :)

Right, I sort of understand this. Once TE1 & E1 are bridged the engine management lgiht will flash indicating the fault code. Shall be interesting to see the list.

I'm kinda scared...

Edited by chrisgreen1993