How 2: Make Glanza V tacho work

Hi guys i finally figured out how to make the Glanza V tacho work in an EP91 N/A. Not sure if Glanza S tacho's have the same problem.

The problem was that the tacho has a 43k ohm resistor in it so that the high voltage from the ignitor doesnt damage the tacho.

When installed in an n/a with the signal coming from the IG- in the diagnostic port, the voltage is too low and the tacho sees no signal.

To fix this problem you have to replace the 43k resistor with a lower resistance one.

Both myself and another guy over here used a 1k resistor and our dashes now work perfectly.

His problem was that he had replaced the factory ignition with coilpacks and was using the ecu for the rpm signal thus being too lower voltage.

Anyway how to fix it..

You should already have the dials out for the swap.

Firstly remove the black plastic surround on the front of the dials.

Then remove the 7 screws holding in the tacho and boost LED's.

p1010367t.jpg

After removing the tacho assembly carefully manoeuvre the boost LED circuit board out of the way.

Now comes the fun part. Carefully de-solder the 43k resistor(yellow, orange, orange) which I've circled in the below pic and replace it with a 1k one (brown, black, red).

p1010360n.jpg

Now put everything back together, plug the dials in (if you've already swapped all the wires) and test that it works.

Hopefully this works for you.

Enjoy.