First thing i done was looked for a place to feed the wires from the engine bay to where i was going to put my Rev Gauge and found this unused grommet or whatever you wana call it behind the carpet a little on the passenger floor/wall (on the up slope)

grommetreplacing.jpg

When i found all my areas i wanted to go i fed my spare/new un connected yet wires to their locations like this:

feedingwire-1.jpg

feedingwire2.jpg

grommetremoval.jpg

Diagnosticbox.jpg

Next i put the new/spare wire i had to reach the engine bay an other areas and cut to their lengths.. I then joint one of each lenght to each of the seperate wires coming out of the Rev Gauge with male and female connectors and heatshrink wrap..like this:

joiningwires.jpg

So when i had all the wires connected to their places i started to feed them to

(1st wire to wher it was going to read the rpm: HERE:

Diagnosticbox2.jpg

(2nd wire to where i was to get power and light working when car is on: This is where i took mine from when i took out the radio and checked for a live feed when car was on:

Testing.jpg

joiningwires2.jpg

(3rd wire/EARTH to this area just at the drivers side to the bottom right of the bonnet pull lever.. And took out the bolt and sanded the paint of with coarse sand paper to give a good steel sound earth...Like so:

Earthing.jpg

When i had all the wires in their positions i then just had to put a spade connector on the end of the Rev Counter wire and connect it like so:

connecting.jpg

So that was it after all that but worth it cause worked 100% once i turned on the car and is still working without a hiccup :thumbsup:

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

Wicked write-up mate....becareful on where you route the rev wire it can cause interferance with the cd player/audio causing static when the engine is on

Thanks man..

Yeah was told that before doing it but worked out just perfect lucky enough :p

Wanted to get the triple mount pods for the pillar as i have a Voltmeter and Oil Pressure Gauge 2 but they can wait for now as i really need to do some work with the apperance 1st when i get cash :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...