Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

The decals are definitely staying! i love them!

she will be lowered at some point, just not any time soon.

Get some Tein Springs Charlotte. They give a nice sensible drop and feel great without sacrificing comfort. I've a set on my glanza and never have any clearance issues at all. Keep an eye out for a set. Or wait till after christmas and i'll have mine for sale lol

D

ha dibs on your springs after christmas! it will be around that time that i'll be doing a fair few bits anyways, clutch, cambelt kit etc so i will probably end up banging some springs on while i'm there :(

Just got back from picking a few more bits up from sheffield, will get some pics up when the new bits are fitted :p

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The decals are definitely staying! i love them!

she will be lowered at some point, just not any time soon.

ha dibs on your springs after christmas! it will be around that time that i'll be doing a fair few bits anyways, clutch, cambelt kit etc so i will probably end up banging some springs on while i'm there :(

Just got back from picking a few more bits up from sheffield, will get some pics up when the new bits are fitted :p

Haha, I'll be selling springs/shocks together, all new less than 3 weeks ago. Car will be on coilovers for next year. What bits did you pick up from sheffield?

D

Haha, I'll be selling springs/shocks together, all new less than 3 weeks ago. Car will be on coilovers for next year. What bits did you pick up from sheffield?

D

Yeah keep me in mind, i'll be interested :(

Fair few little bits like fuse card for heater motor and rear view mirror and random stuff like that, but got an arc tmic for £50 and it's pretty much mint. brand new toyota brake pads all round and toyota oil filter, new scuttle panel because mine is jaff'd, bonnet cable and handbrake cables so i'll be able to park my car safely on hills now :D haha, loads of other random little bits too :p

Lol! I never said THEY ALL come with an LSD as standard. Hence why I said "You might have LSD as well, because some of them come with them from the showroom".

And with your engine, actuator, ecu and fueling system being near standard it won't be running a bar of boost and if it is i'd be kind of concerned with it lass

Lol! I never said THEY ALL come with an LSD as standard. Hence why I said "You might have LSD as well, because some of them come with them from the showroom".

And with your engine, actuator, ecu and fueling system being near standard it won't be running a bar of boost and if it is i'd be kind of concerned with it lass

At what point have i mentioned anywhere that it was you saying it came with LSD? it's a common misconception and a lot of people just assume they come with it as standard.

And as i've said, i don't know until i get a boost gauge on it what it's actually boosting, but i'm taking a stab in the dark and saying it's not standard boost. I may be wrong, don't know yet.

Don't worry, it will fuck up sooner or later then everyone can have a little giggle behind my back, well those who seem to have a problem can anyway.

Little update!

Went up to sheffield on saturday to grab a few more bits and ended up coming back with

- ARC tmic (early christmas present off sam- thank you!)

- bonnet cable (so i can finally get rid of the ugly tie wrap in the grill)

- handbrake cables

- din tray for when i finally get round to getting an english stereo

- flat blade wiper adaptors

- brand new front and rear blueprint brake pads

- brand new oil filter

- new scuttle panel because mine was cracked

- near rear view mirror

- another resistor card for the heater motor

Also took a bimble across the water to Cleethorpes to meet a few of the cleethorpes/gainsborough lot which was sweet, and picked up a sexy new wing of steve gt and a trd gearknob in exchange for my optional extra momo gearknob, i'm over the moon to have a nice rust free wing and cant wait to get it on- hope your happy with the gearknob steve :)

here are a few pics;

2lw9bpg.jpg

BOOOOOST!

w1xnyr.jpg

p8903.jpg

Scuttle panel going on

66hedj.jpg

2qtd3sj.jpg

qyzj1t.jpg

I couldn't believe how much better she drove after putting the arc intercooler on! boosts up a hell of alot quicker and holds boost alot better. Would definitely recommend them as a good top mount!

I needed a new resistor card because my heaters would only blow on the HI setting and on all other settings there was nothing. The sliding switch for the heat setting was fine and all the individual setting switches were fine, was just the blower intensity that wasn't working. And it turned out the resistor card was the wrong fitment for my GT, think it was because the one it came from had climate control (more settings) and mine doesn't. When i actually got mine out though it turned out one of the filaments had just popped off, and only needed a bit of careful soldering and BOOM, jobs a good 'un! so i took it to uni this morning with me and soldered it back up and re-soldered all the other junctions to make sure it was all nice and strong.

Here's a pic of the resistor card and ceramic block, and where it fits into behind the glove box;

1zf0g3.jpg

2eydyfa.jpg

20tjm39.jpg

Hopefully will have the new wing, bonnet cable and front brakes done by next week if i find the time, gets dark waaay to early now and i'm at uni loads :)

At what point have i mentioned anywhere that it was you saying it came with LSD? it's a common misconception and a lot of people just assume they come with it as standard.

And as i've said, i don't know until i get a boost gauge on it what it's actually boosting, but i'm taking a stab in the dark and saying it's not standard boost. I may be wrong, don't know yet.

Don't worry, it will fuck up sooner or later then everyone can have a little giggle behind my back, well those who seem to have a problem can anyway.

I wouldn't want to have a giggle behind your back baker. Where would that get me? I'd get much more satisfaction from helping you with a problem rather than laughing about it behind your back

Great update

get that wing on she'll be a right minter once again :)

yes i love my knob thanks :)

wing going on in the next few days hopefully :)

getting her up on a ramp on friday evening to sort all the underneathy bits out- handbrake cables, wrap the exhaust, brake pads and swap rear callipers, underseal the shit out of it and if i've got time will see about doing the wing and bonnet cable while were at it ;) so hopefully will be able to update soon with some pics of it looking damn fine ;)

i miss that knob (thats what she said) but this new one is growing on me (that's also what she said) :)

LOL! KNOBS! :)

yea dont worry we will have your car right as rain soon!

oh and a big hello to Adam, Zoe, Steve and the man that is also known as socks. (random name socks but awesome bloke either way :) )

nice to meet you all and i will be bringing my camera to the cleethorpes meet, so get the polish out steve! :)

awesome car babe and yea i cant wait to get you in overalls and fitting some more goodies to the advance. :)

Looks good :)

As said needs lowering but I agree with what you say about winter coming up etc

And as for n/a cams that may make a difference in an a pulsar engine but not with starlets, the cams are the same :) the only variation is the cams in a 5efhe which are slightly higher lift but pretty hard to come by.

Happy modifying :)