Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

lol! that pic of me i look really sexy!. also there are no pics of the blood that i lost while wrapping the screamer on murx! (yes i leaked claret on the wrap and cried a little)

yes get the standard one back on for now. i really think before any other fuelling mods or fcd adjustmets are done a wide band is definately needed. :thumbsup:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the first one was completely buggered so it was swapped for another one. seems ok today, but like i say standard one is going back on asap. and it least it's finally had a compression test :D

sam has stripped the first one down at work and he found something that looked like a piece of chalk holding the valve open. i honestly couldn't even imagine how whatever it was got there.

only a small update

standard fpr is back on, so no more misfiring and stuff :p

changed my rocker cover back to my freshly painted fte one;

339rtd5.jpg

and a close up of the oh so sparkley red bits :D

rrl7qb.jpg

clutch kit arrived, will be fitted either when my current clutch gives up, or when the weather gets better and me and sam can be bothered. not looking forward to fitting it at all.

10qz0jr.jpg

and finally a little pic of my local jap club sticker on the rear quarter window :)

ix9tgz.jpg

also go the rear lip fitted! i think it looks ace! love it :) will be getting some pics at a local pistonheads meet tonight. i know it needs side skirts before people feel the need to tell me. all in good time. probably gonna go for toms skirts though, even though the front and rear lip are livesports. just prefer the toms skirts.

opinion on which rocker cover looked better? i can't decide.

wepr manifold with external wastegate and screamer to go on at weekend! can't wait :) so should have a better update soon fingers crossed

i'm ordering a custom uksc sticker that's going across my sun strip! don't be like that! uksc is gonna have the full length of my windscreen :D can't wait- it's gonna look sick if it turns out the way i'm imagining it. :)

yeah everything is getting a lick of paint atm, in the process of doing centre console and clock surround and other little interior bits the same grey as the bumpers :)

had a bit of a boo boo last night, backed onto my drive too quick and caught the front lip on the drivers side, scraped right down to the fibre glass :( so in a panic/attmept to make it look semi acceptable i just caked it in high build primer and then caked it in paint, and looks near enough mint again! lol. women drivers eh...

haha i know :(

i am semi obsessed about not scratching my car/wheels, and when i did that last night i just sat there for about 15 mins trying not to have a mental breakdown! lol. looks a lot better now though, at some point over summer i'll get some filler on it and sand it all back and spray it again but for now it will do.

literally in the process of sorting a sticker from josh by the way! gonna be reppin' uksc asap.

right! got the wepr manifold fitted!

had a fair few problems alone the way;

- boost pipe going to the top mount is a very tight fit against the mainfold, could do to rotate the cold side of the turbo slightly but meh. all in good time, probably going front mount before long anyway.

- the whole turbo sits a fair bit lower than before so the decat brace no longer lines up, so might get a new bracket made up

- major disagreement as to how the wastegate actually bolted up between me and sam meant that it was bolted up the wrong way round the first time (and no, it was not me who was wrong!!!) lol

- the mani to head gasket i got was not going to seal at all, not a chance, so ended up stealing sams old one (mine was buggered) so it's blowing slightly from the head, nothing major but in need of a fresh gasket asap.

- the wastegate (once set up right) holds boost perfect with no spiking at all, but it only has a 0.4 bar spring in it, i've got a 0.6-0.7 bar spring on the way though :)

anyways enough of the problems, she runs fine at the current 0.4 bar, bit of popping which is probably due to the blowing but other than that, all seems well :)

piccies!

i bolted the turbo up to the new manifold while sam cracked the old one off (i have an insane fear of snapping one of the studs in the head)

2qxubya.jpg

308gjsn.jpg

Put sam's old ct9 on instead of mine, it's in near perfect nick, no shaft play and the slightest hairline crack in the wastegate;

34xlrwx.jpg

33vyw6q.jpg

34hfnv6.jpg

i don't even know...

p1540.jpg

nlub6b.jpg

and this is the wastegate of the one that came off mine;

33ys5jd.jpg

1zpl4yr.jpg

my oem manifold was basically cracked beyond repair. the 3rd runner on the top side was completely gone, like horrifically (forgot to get a pic) and this is what we found on the turbo side, it had literally cracked all the way from top to bottom right round the flange. the way it pulled with the mani in this condition was amazing haha. pulled like a train despite everything haha;

23uxxs0.jpg

and here you can see where the old mani was blowing against the head;

33opjdg.jpg

close fit on the boost pipe;

oiaxde.jpg

this is how sam set the wastegate up originally. i am not a mechanic so i'll always trust what he says but intuition told me it should go the other way. turns out i was right lol. haven't got photos of it set up the right way round yet but the following pics give you an idea of what she looks like now :D

dob09c.jpg

zunxhc.jpg

And finally a few pics of the gt at Bridlington Cruise which we went to straight after fitting the manifold haha. To anyone who's in the northeast, this is definitely a cruise worth travelling for, even though there was only me and ajep91 there in starlets. awesome night though. Can just about see the rear lip in the last pic too :)

210hz53.jpg

jfvol3.jpg

Charl.

I have the CT9 powerkit from WEPR which has the EWG Mani. The Kit was supplied with a decat and as you have noticed the turbo now sits in a different place.

One thing you'll have to watch out for is that the OEM oil feed is known to crack as its slightly stretched due to the turbo being slightly relocated. The WEPR kit was supplied with a new one to allow for this movement. So watch for that.

Also just rotate your tubby and sort yourself a new hotpipe :D

I didn't buy the kit new, bought it off a member on here hence it not having the downpipe and feeds with it :(

i have spare ct9 oil feeds and pretty much everything spare for a ct9 set up so if i encounter major problems i'll just have to put her back to standard :(

on your wastegate, were have you taken the pressure feeds from? like the side and the top feed on the wg? been told sooo many different things :S. atm it's not got anything connected to the top, and it's got what would have been the actuator line connected to the side?

got any pics? :p

You need one of these badly:

http://www.race-tech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4_6&products_id=3

they will save your engine from going pop, if that turbo line cracks, your oil will be dumped onto the road in minutes then its good bye bottom end! :(

lol @ wastegate...

I have a FMIC for sale :p

haha you guys are awesome! lol. when it goes bang i'll be in touch, or when i can afford it :p

i'll bear the fmic in mind, deffo need one tbh, especially if i go td04. i'll have to work a plan of action out, could do to sell my arc top mount first but i refuse to put a standard intercooler on in the meantime haha :p