alright, im 18 and looking to buy my first car. Thinking about a glanza but i know insurance will be an issue unless registered as n/a? I wanted a civic for ages and even went to look at a couple of ep2s but learned that its a bitch mod them so ive decided to go ep91 turbo instead. Ive found some cheap ones on trade car view, just wondering if anyone has used that site or if i shuould stay away from it. Any thoughts?

welcome mate as above insurance is a bitch and insuring it as a non turbo is idiotic all it will take is 1 police office with half a clue on cars and they will take your licence straight back off you along with making u pay miles over the odds for the next couple of years for insurance.

if it was me id get a n/a get the bodywork on it mint and every handling mod u can find so it handles shit hot then once insurance is kinder to you u can drop a turbo lump in

that sounds like a plan then . thinking about ep95 then because its n/a but because i'll need to import it registering it might be a task. What is the closest uk equivalent, sr or sportif? Anyone shed any light on trade car view aswell. Cheers for advice guys.

ep95 would be my first choice :wub: . but because its an import ull limit the companys wanting to insure you and those that will insure will jack the price up. best bet would be uk spec car that way insurance is cheaper give you more £££ to put in to mods. think the sportif and sr are same power but the sr is lowered as standard? not 100% sure but one of the n/a boys will put you right on the diffrences

Welcome man, I bought a Glanza S as my first car when i was 16 (almost 17) It looks the same as the turbo but it's N/A

Insurance isn't cheap on that either but it might be worth looking at.

I'm 18 now i still have her as well as an RX8

cheers guys. just want something a bit different from my mates, they all run about in the usuall clio corsa c2 fiesta saxo etc. Would love a ep95 but ive not seen any for sale in uk. Also saw 2 glanzas today and a gt so really makes me want some starlet action in my life. Got insurance quotes for a n/a 1800 which is not too bad considering it was gonna be 2700 for a ep2. Think i'll phone up insurance and ask about import ep95 but i'll prepare to be raped

cool man cheers. just had a look at it in the classifieds, nice car. I do like the 82s theres a white one parked outside my house now. He shags the lassie next door haha. Ive not tried insurance on them but it might be something to consider. Apparantly cheaper than glanzas to insure?

cool man cheers. just had a look at it in the classifieds, nice car. I do like the 82s theres a white one parked outside my house now. He shags the lassie next door haha. Ive not tried insurance on them but it might be something to consider. Apparantly cheaper than glanzas to insure?

yeah dude thats correct, theres absolutely no different in engines etc but the 82s are a tiny bit quicker due to extra safety bits in the glanza which weigh it down a little more. as for the insurance im with elephant have been since i was 18 and then it was 1700quid that was cash up front on 3000miles a year and tpft and on 10month bonus accelerator but since then im now down to 450quid and after the 1st year they knocked a grand off it

i prefere the looks of the 91 to the 82 though. i've been looking at both and i think the n/a's for sale are overpriced imo. I know there is no direct equivalent because of the 4wd, just wondering what the closest equivalent is. Think i'll ask someone with a ep95 what they registered it as

82's all the way :p

I went with elephant and they were the cheapest have been for past two years fully comp but strangly for year one of me having the beast it was miles cheaper for me to go 3rd party with Adrian Flux they deal with a lot of imports and it cost me just over 1000 but that was a lump sum so probably a few more pennies for monthly.

Welcome to the sight hope you find the one you want :)

gt turbo are usually lower insurance and less money to buy but ive had a ep85 for the first car and it was no problem at all! but remember running them on 99 and it being 4wd it will drink the fuel if you boot it trust me!

welcome to the club :)

yeah i noticed 82s are cheaper to buy and insure. And 85s seem even rarer than 95s. I found an auto 85 on trade car view for like 350 quid + import charges. And zoe theres no chance of me getting insurance for a grand anytime soon, adrian flux wanted 4k!

Welcome lad.

Id personally go with CIVIC cause ive had 2 already and didnt get one bit of bother ever with them. Found parts and mod parts very easy but it depends on cashflow too. Changed to a 1.3 N/A starlet and it was a good buy for tax and insurance purposes although ive had bad luck with it from Brake Callipers, handbrake cable snapping and heater matrix failing, and not as comfy as other cars but still a resonable car..

Anyway choice is your goodluck man :thumbsup: