Interesting, you're the only one saying civic. A boy at work has a ek9, the ultimate civic FACT. Went to look at ep2s but costs shit loads for mods with no real bhp gain. And they are bad for clutch release bearing and gearbox faults. What civic did you have. Sorry to hear of car issues. Think my mind is made up on starlet because of available mods and tuning.

Yeah their common issues but only if they've been driven by maniacs that are rough with them, hence why its hard to find a decent one. I had a 98 EK4 1.6 vtech dohc and loved it but had to go cause couldnt afford it :(

Aw man i understand i would pick a push bike over an EP2, Hated them when they first came out and always will. EK shapes are the nicest and always more reliable (imo)

But would still pick my starlet over an EP2, sorry for the confusion lol

yeah the older shapes are the nicest, and quite easy to mod. One of my mates brothers got a coupe 5th gen ej2 with a b18, its a track car and hes spent shit loads on it. One ep2 that i went to see was a exact ep3 rep, interior, wheels etc. But i don't think i could have lived with myself not owning the real thing, just having sohc vtec

U have to spend a fortune on mods tho to get any kind of real power from civics tho head work cams manifolds remaps leads fOr no real gain spend the same amount on a starlet and your talking good power from such a small engine laffin all the way :D