APEXI POWER FC who wants one.........

If it were possible and the apexi power fc was revamped and relaunched for the ep91 and ep82 starlet gt and glanza who would be 100% interested and be able to afford a unit.

For example if they were around £750 just for the ecu, no hand commander etc, could you afford it and would you be interested? If it were just the ecu, for around £750 exc delivery import taxs etc who would want one?

I have been in contact with apexi usa and have been inquiring into the discontinued powerfc for ep91 and ep82. They tell me the product was discontinued due to components etc being obsolete in todays technology however they are currently in talks/working on a revamp for the rb25det and 1jz engine.

If we can convince them there will be enough interest they may look in to the 4efte however minimum requirements is 50-100 units for it to be even worth them considering.

what do you guys think? i would definately be interested.........

would be great and but u would struggle to get 50 names of people to start with then time it came to handing over the money most people would pull out. theres plenty of standalones out there now think it would be far more cost and time effective to see if u could get the likes of link to do a group buy on there standalone systems

yea i was looking for an apexi awhile back but then found a emu to cheap to say no they do look like realy good units and the hand commander itself is very usefull. but for the price they cost for the starlets u can pick up a standalone like the link systems which have alot more features. its abit stupid tho because ive seen the apexi units for other cars sell on ebay and there like half the price of the starlet specific ones. is great that apexi would look into re-releasing an upto date version of it for the starlet but dont think they would get very much intrest at all.

Apexi didn't even think thesed were worth producing when starlets were at there peak. The units we can buy for our cars were mr2 units that were modified by AP engineering to suit.

You find that they don't make so much money for other cars as most tuners have cracked the stock ecu to be able to map that so that suits most customers and for those that want more power tend to want a better unit than a power fc which is old technology now.

yer its is old technology now, but they are on about updating and revamping the power fc. At the time it was a great unit, and as said above good value for money 2nd hand in terms of other cars like the imprezza etc but they are crazy money for our cars.

Yeah 50 units would be a struggle just wanted to see if many people would want one?

anyway ill be keeping an eye out for one 2nd hand.

• 2 months later...

Just an idea, I bought a power fc for about 1,300 ( i really needed it) and the box had sw20&ep91 on it. Not sure but if the ecu works for both i'm sure the mr2 ecu would be essay to get a hold of. If needed i could take a picture to show you what i mean.

Edited by Hawaiiviper